What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Flanno's New Signings

Dragon David

First Grade
What the f..k are we doing…. Have we all gone on holidays
More like gone to sleep for summer. We are slow, lethargic, uncertain, bad at negotiating, misers, just really bad in my view.

They had so much time ages ago to really get a couple of biggies, even though not the absolute great but better than what we currently have but they have got bloody nobody and the good ones are dwindling in numbers. That is what our aim has to be - getting some guys who are better than what we currently have which is improvement but we again are well and truly behind the 8 ball with signings. Parra signing Jack Williams just like that without any fanfare.

Do our mob care at all with improving our squad?

TheRev

Coach
It's not that we are asleep.. its that we aren't closing deals with the blokes were talking too.. but why.. is it that Parra are a much easier sell (Moses, Brown, Gutho etc).. or are we just not willing to pay a little extra...

I've said this elsewhere, but I think the proof of will be in the next month or so.. maybe Flanno is a genius yet.. but conversely if we cant spend our cap, it would be a flop.. we have 3 more spots yet, not counting the ones we are trying to move on.

Gareth67

First Grade
A ‘orrible thought just occurred to me , perhaps our board members are illiterate and as such are unable to sign any deals ?

It’s one thing to yak to a person , but another to put pen to paper more so when there is money being out laid - especially the supporters and members money .

Of course I could be wrong , the Dragon hierarchy may just be plain incapable of getting the job done . 🤔

Last edited:

mattw5

Juniors
It's not that we are asleep.. its that we aren't closing deals with the blokes were talking too.. but why.. is it that Parra are a much easier sell (Moses, Brown, Gutho etc).. or are we just not willing to pay a little extra...

I've said this elsewhere, but I think the proof of will be in the next month or so.. maybe Flanno is a genius yet.. but conversely if we cant spend our cap, it would be a flop.. we have 3 more spots yet, not counting the ones we are trying to move on.

Not to mention the Roosters have more space available they are a more desirable landing spot for players they have been extremely quiet & you get the feeling they will soon wipe the floor with whatever quality is left available.

saintmar

Juniors
A ‘orrible thought just occurred to me , perhaps our board members are illiterate and as such are unable to sign any deals ?

It’s one thing to yak to a person , but another to put pen to paper more so when there is money being out laid - especially the members money .

Of course I could be wrong , the Dragon hierarchy may just be plain incapable of getting the job done . 🤔
Board not negotiating these contracts
The coach is

since77

Juniors
Jack Williams has signed with Parramatta for 3 years how are they able to sign players without rumours leaking out.
Maybe because no ones cares about a really average second tier Cronulla player??

Damn. He would have been handy and inexpensive.
Damn??!!!???! Why?? Our back row is fine for now. Don't know why people are crying about us "missing out" on a player that is quite literally a downgrade on what we already have.

maestro1

Bench
Maybe because no ones cares about a really average second tier Cronulla player??

Damn??!!!???! Why?? Our back row is fine for now. Don't know why people are crying about us "missing out" on a player that is quite literally a downgrade on what we already have.
Yes....we need 2 kickass front rowers. We have quality backrowers and excellent youngsters coming through. Back row is not where we should be trying to recruit. Props, halves and speedy, skillful, defensive centre/wingers is what we need.

SAP58

Juniors
On 360 they mentioned that Lazerus Vaalepu who comes in for NAS this weekend is on 80K per year he is a good prospect surely we offer 250K & get him.
I was told on the weekend we were talking to a Melbourne player but they didn’t know who it was. I don’t watch 360 since Anasta took over but that makes sense now if you can believe the clowns on that show.

Reactions: jak

jak

Bench
I was told on the weekend we were talking to a Melbourne player but they didn’t know who it was. I don’t watch 360 since Anasta took over but that makes sense now if you can believe the clowns on that show.
my guess welch, we were after him before

offiah

Juniors

Who's crying? No need to over dramatize things. Just think he'd be a better option at lock than Eisenhuth. He's got mongrel, hits hard and averages 100m a game. On to the next

Latest posts