What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Flanno's New Signings

mattw5

Juniors
Who's crying? No need to over dramatize things. Just think he'd be a better option at lock than Eisenhuth. He's got mongrel, hits hard and averages 100m a game. On to the next
Exactly Eisenhuth filled a gap this season but we have an opportunity to get Hethrington but re-sign him we need to upgrade when opportunities present themselves.

TheRev

Coach
It's not that we needed the player 'Williams', its that parra have had a new coach come in, and signed Iongi, Hawkins & Williams, locked up Hopgood, Guymer & Hands.. thats some fast moving.. all of those coule be part of a Top 17 or certainly quality backups..

Meanwhile we are sitting here trying to squeeze every deal and signed squat so far.

TheRev

Coach
Yep I dont think RCG will still be on the market by the time our new CEO has given notice from his old gig and his feet under the desk.. thats 2025... in any case this is really between Flanno, RCG and his manager Mark Stewart, RCG has gone back on his verbal agreement to come for 2yrs.. so is that a bridge Flanno is willing to forgive.. I can see it from both sides.. but ultimately its business right.. RCG has to do the best for his career/family.. he thought he had a gig at the Broncos or whoever... unless its RCG whos the one whos a 'hard no' on us.. but surely limited options must come into this.

But Flanno has also said he doesnt want mercenaries.. he wants players who want to be here.. and again thats a legit philosophy.. but we arent the destination to have that luxury yet imo.

Having said all that.. if Penrith come out next week and have signed him to replace JFH.. well.. there u go.

RedVee

First Grade
Any chance that over the preseason Flanno & Deano can install some fire and a bigger motor into the young prop we got from Manly last year?

JubileeJeffro

Juniors
Exactly Eisenhuth filled a gap this season but we have an opportunity to get Hethrington but re-sign him we need to upgrade when opportunities present themselves.
Maguire has advised Hetherington he is wanted at the broncos, not expected to leave now. Things change rapidly in the market, unless you are the dragons…

Any chance that over the preseason Flanno & Deano can install some fire and a bigger motor into the young prop we got from Manly last year?
Having seen him play, I doubt it.
Unless something changes, looks like he is a part of Flanagan's plans for 2025.
Would be a massive bonus for us if Flanagan can unlock the big fella's potential.
Still think teams like Melbourne and Cronulla and a few others will need to unload a player or two due to salary cap constraints.
Welch most likely at the Storm, Kaufisi or Hamlin-Uele from the Sharks.
Plenty of players also looking for more money/up grades at the Broncos.
Really don't understand why the Jack Williams signing news was even talked about here.
28 years old and not even considered a regular first grade player.
I am hoping Flanagan is looking for something of a much higher quality to add to our pack.

mattw5

Juniors
Having seen him play, I doubt it.
Unless something changes, looks like he is a part of Flanagan's plans for 2025.
Would be a massive bonus for us if Flanagan can unlock the big fella's potential.
Still think teams like Melbourne and Cronulla and a few others will need to unload a player or two due to salary cap constraints.
Welch most likely at the Storm, Kaufisi or Hamlin-Uele from the Sharks.
Plenty of players also looking for more money/up grades at the Broncos.
Really don't understand why the Jack Williams signing news was even talked about here.
28 years old and not even considered a regular first grade player.
I am hoping Flanagan is looking for something of a much higher quality to add to our pack.
Should be getting Lazerus Vaalepu he is on minimum wage on 360 they said he was on 80K

TheRev

Coach
He's definitely out of here I would suggest, he has a couple of highlight reel worthy hit-ups in him every game.. but after that that lack of motor/fitness is a massive liability with errors and defence.. in years gone by, you would stick with him for a few pre-seasons probably, and see if the motor could be improved to a tolerable level... but he will be 24 by next season.. I think the spots will be saved for all those 18-20yr olds... we already have too many young props as it is hitting the Top30 this year and the next couple.

That said.. the lack of signings we are getting.. there is no guarantee we get rid of Fifita and we get anyone better.. but he wont be much to pay out if we sold him later on.. but I do actually think he is sellable.. its really Lawrie/Rava that are the problems.

Jubilee

Juniors
I don't believe that there is much you can do about player shortcomings like that. Deep levels of fitness and quick recovery (a big motor) is just a natural gift, like speed. Can't improve it much if you haven't already got it.

Latest posts