What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Flanno's New Signings

Parko1310

Juniors
Alas almost all of our great ball playing second rowers have had a tendency to be a bit lazy in defence and they do get caught out.

Huddart, Beath, Wynn, Jansen, Gourley all terrific players that had the luxury of top class defensive centres beside them that did a lot of their work for them.

Langlands (when D P played F B), Beattie, Johnstone, Finch, Quinn, Coyne etc etc

Luci has Suli who is also suspect in defence and that is why K F looks spent in almost every game because he cleans a lot of it up for them no quite Poppa but a good tough tackler all the same but that fatigues him and diminishes his attacking game.

With V H coming to the left (seems logical) that might strengthen the defence and allow K F and Luc to do more in attack.

Fingers crossed.
Haven't watched Suli close enough, defence has been outstanding. Luc's suspect defensive efforts have come down to individual laziness and being unfit, both controllable by him and him alone. Pointing the finger at Suli, who's defence has improved incredibly, for Luc's shortcomings is not right.

Jubilee

Juniors
Pearce-Paul worth a look at too as RFM replacement for 2026.. depends what the plan is for R Couchman in terms of whether he's going to be a middle or an edge. If Luc doesn't get fitter next year/hit the ground running in pre-season then I wouldn't be opposed to him moving on either. That said, I hope he works harder because he can be a massive point of difference when he wants to be
JDB may also not be re-signed for 2026.

mattw5

Juniors
Alas almost all of our great ball playing second rowers have had a tendency to be a bit lazy in defence and they do get caught out.

Huddart, Beath, Wynn, Jansen, Gourley all terrific players that had the luxury of top class defensive centres beside them that did a lot of their work for them.

Langlands (when D P played F B), Beattie, Johnstone, Finch, Quinn, Coyne etc etc

Luci has Suli who is also suspect in defence and that is why K F looks spent in almost every game because he cleans a lot of it up for them no quite Poppa but a good tough tackler all the same but that fatigues him and diminishes his attacking game.

With V H coming to the left (seems logical) that might strengthen the defence and allow K F and Luc to do more in attack.

Fingers crossed.
Suli is not suspect in defence he missed 17 tackles all year with a success rate of 91% he played 19 games.

Wolfgang90

Juniors
Haven't watched Suli close enough, defence has been outstanding. Luc's suspect defensive efforts have come down to individual laziness and being unfit, both controllable by him and him alone. Pointing the finger at Suli, who's defence has improved incredibly, for Luc's shortcomings is not right.

Luciano tackle efficiency 91% & 98rm. Luciano defence isn't the issue either...

Old Timer

Coach
Give the evidence provided to the contrary, I think this could be called a classic case of racial profiling old timer.
Love seeing all those great names though, takes me right back to my childhood and hearing names like Beath and Jansen on the radio.
I look at the games and make a judgement on what I see.

I often slo mo replays to look at what occurred and see where certain players were and why.

Suli is a strong tackler no doubt but he does miss some and does get into the wrong position and is not the best reader of play.

I don’t rely specifically on stats as they are very often misleading.

The way stats are recorded often lead to a player getting into the wrong position not having an adverse stat yet the guy who tried to cover for that initial error does come up with an adverse stat. A tackle not attempted doesn’t necessarily go against you.

Last edited:

TheRev

Coach
Luc's suspect defensive efforts have come down to individual laziness and being unfit
I think we get to see how he comes back after a full pre-season under Flanno.. im sure they have all the data now and if its an option to come back lighter (I certainly would struggle with that request), I think he would be a better player....

i.e. I don't think he needs as much bulk as he has.. I think if he is lighter, his footwork is even more effective, and he can do longer minutes, its win-win.

slippery5

Juniors
I look at the games and make a judgement on what I see.

I often slo mo replays to look at what occurred and see where certain players were and why.

Suli is a strong tackler no doubt but he does miss some and does get into the wrong position and is not the best reader of play.

I don’t rely specifically on stats as they are very often misleading.

The way stats are recorded often lead to a player getting into the wrong position not having an adverse stat yet the guy who tried to cover for that initial error does come up with an adverse stat. A tackle not attempted doesn’t necessarily go against you.
My daughter hates when I stop & rewind the live game to point out what when wrong in certain plays. LOL

KingFlanno7

Juniors
Lomax 50 errors, Hunt 43 errors. Both 1 and 2 for errors out of the whole comp this year. The pressure those errors put on us can't be understated all we need is Hunt to piss off and we are already a better team without both those selfish pricks

mattw5

Juniors
Give the evidence provided to the contrary, I think this could be called a classic case of racial profiling old timer.
Love seeing all those great names though, takes me right back to my childhood and hearing names like Beath and Jansen on the radio.
He clearly hasn't done his research but don't start with the racial garbage.

Old Timer

Coach
He clearly hasn't done his research but don't start with the racial garbage.
lol just because you see it different doesn’t mean to say I haven’t done research.

If Suli is such a great defender then how is it K F does as much tackling especially try savers?

mattw5

Juniors
lol just because you see it different doesn’t mean to say I haven’t done research.

If Suli is such a great defender then how is it K F does as much tackling especially try savers?
Don't know how you see things but if Suli is missing less then 1 tackle a game on average his defence is not an issue.

Old Timer

Coach
Don't know how you see things but if Suli is missing less then 1 tackle a game on average his defence is not an issue.
As I said I don’t rely on stats that often give a false impression.

If you get yourself in the wrong position and don’t attempt a tackle that you would normally make when in the correct position it doesn’t count against you.

Widdop was a great defender but stats often unfairly went against him as he tried to clean up the mess created by others yet people called him out as being average.

Latest posts