What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Flano Press conference

Inisai Toga

Juniors
Yeh, but why.? I believe that they’ve messed with rules of the game too much. They have tweaked so much of the rules that sides can’t stop momentum swings when it starts. Look at most games not just Saints; it’s like touch football in its structure and outcome.
Remember last year when the Tigers won 60-0 one week and lost 2 weeks later by the same score. You’d never see that turnaround years gone by … then again they’d never play again so closely anyway. Not a fan of the modern game in comparison - too random.

Do people really believe we are a better team this year? Because we are not, we are actually far worse we've concded the most points this year more than any other team (apart from Souths) we've lost by two record margins this year already after only 8 weeks.

We've made zero acquisitions for next year we continually lose out on signings to other clubs.

I know some think Flanno is the saviour but sorry I'm just not buying into it. I hope to proven wrong and hope things can turn around but what I've seen so far has been pretty hideous, I think bringing back Dean Young was far and away the biggest blunder yet both he and his old man were great players but as coaches/managers they are so far out of their depth it's embarrassing.
Flanno isn’t the problem

Our complaints should be addressed to the Board

Their decisions have got us here

I'm Hornby

Juniors
Difference is that Bennett inherited a good roster that just needed some tweaking and some confidence. Flannagan has inherited an absolute Trainwreck of a situation from Griffin.

All things considered, he's doing a much better job than our three previous coaches have. Players are actually improving under him, we can defend our goal line now at points.

Takes time to turn the ship around
I've pointed out already that Flanagan had the worse start as any JV coach after five rounds since Farrar (based on wins and points conceded).

I'm not sure what metrics you're going off in your point here but clearly Flanagan hasnt even managed to get the new coach bounce after five rounds that other coaches have gotten.

60 points conceded on Anzac Day is abysmal and just shows he is an absolute clown and has no clue. Get rid of him, restructure the football operations side of things and people may actually then be willing to give things time.

As other posters have pointed out, Flanagan's recruitment has been poor/non existent in terms of next year and this shows he has no plans or solution to any of our problems.

hook hook

Juniors
I've pointed out already that Flanagan had the worse start as any JV coach after five rounds since Farrar (based on wins and points conceded).

I'm not sure what metrics you're going off in your point here but clearly Flanagan hasnt even managed to get the new coach bounce after five rounds that other coaches have gotten.

60 points conceded on Anzac Day is abysmal and just shows he is an absolute clown and has no clue. Get rid of him, restructure the football operations side of things and people may actually then be willing to give things time.

As other posters have pointed out, Flanagan's recruitment has been poor/non existent in terms of next year and this shows he has no plans or solution to any of our problems.
IMG_7174.jpeg

BLM01

First Grade

Hang on are we not at Round 8 and you still 3 weeks behind. What is the stat after 8 games and BTW count McGregor in his 1st 8 games mid year not the start of 2015
No you wont because you will be proven wrong again.
I'll give you another stat. After R1 he was the best since Farrar

I'm Hornby

Juniors
Hang on are we not at Round 8 and you still 3 weeks behind. What is the stat after 8 games and BTW count McGregor in his 1st 8 games mid year not the start of 2015
No you wont because you will be proven wrong again.
I'll give you another stat. After R1 he was the best since Farrar
As I've told you a few times now buddy, I'll be coming back on this at season's end, so please hold tight until then or otherwise go and do your own research on the topic. I can tell you one thing that conceding 60 last week won't help Flanno.

Why would we include Mary's stats as a caretaker in 2015? All the other coaches had a full pre season to prepare the team so it would only be fair to judge his first season record on the same basis.

True_Believer

Juniors
Yeh, but why.? I believe that they’ve messed with rules of the game too much. They have tweaked so much of the rules that sides can’t stop momentum swings when it starts. Look at most games not just Saints; it’s like touch football in its structure and outcome.
Remember last year when the Tigers won 60-0 one week and lost 2 weeks later by the same score. You’d never see that turnaround years gone by … then again they’d never play again so closely anyway. Not a fan of the modern game in comparison - too random.
Yeah I literally just put up a post about this. I feel like we are seeing more blow out scores these days - even early in the season. And the gap between the top teams and the bottom teams is getting wider and more difficult to bridge. Like you, I'm not a huge fan of what the game has become.

redv13

Bench
As I've told you a few times now buddy, I'll be coming back on this at season's end, so please hold tight until then or otherwise go and do your own research on the topic. I can tell you one thing that conceding 60 last week won't help Flanno.

Why would we include Mary's stats as a caretaker in 2015? All the other coaches had a full pre season to prepare the team so it would only be fair to judge his first season record on the same basis.
Is that you Paul??

rasaint

Juniors
I have posted quite a few times; good players make good coaches to a significant ( not complete) degree.

Whether Shane Flanagan or whoever else, we need the ‘cattle’. That’s probably why Robo and Bellamy have never left to test themselves at other lesser clubs. They have the location and financial resources to buy and retain top class players.

In recent years our best season was 2018. We had recruited Ben Hunt, James Graham, Cameron McInnes. Hung on to Gareth Widdop after big Tigers offer and Matt Duffy hit the scene. Our pack had Tareq Simms, JDB, Tyson Frizzell and Leeson Au Mau. But for enormous bad luck lost Widdop and Tariq when thrashing Broncos in first semi and narrow loss to South’s with weakened team in Major semi. My Point? The scorned Mary Mc went close to coaching a team in a grand Final. He had pretty good cattle!

We are a Sydney club training and playing mostly down in Wollongong. It’s a disincentive to possible signings. I doubt we have 3rd party ‘firepower’. The next ‘big things’ often turn out just OK at best in NRL. Look at the roosters roster. Amazing! Also, Queensland players as possible recruits will likely take a little less to stay near family and friends.

It’s the good joke here on the forum ‘stay calm everyone No one is coming’. Don’t ask me the solution.

BLM01

First Grade

Mary had off seasons with the squad as assistant under Price but point taken
However you said you will come back at seasons end so why keep bringing up the R5 stat, do after each week or say nudder till seasons end.

I'm Hornby

Juniors
Mary had off seasons with the squad as assistant under Price but point taken
However you said you will come back at seasons end so why keep bringing up the R5 stat, do after each week or say nudder till seasons end.
To be honest I can't be bothered updating you each and every week on this, but to reward your persistence, here is how your man fraud Flanno the drug cheat is going vs his JV peers in their 1st season as coach after 8 rounds.
He is the worst defense and second worst in terms of win loss.

Drug Cheat - 4 wins 4 losses 214 points conceded

Hook - 4 wins 4 losses 157 points conceded

Mary - 6 wins 2 losses 86 points conceded

Pricey - 5 wins 3 losses 130 points conceded

Bennett - 6 wins 2 losses 88 points conceded

Brownie - 4 wins 4 losses 184 points conceded

Farrar - 3 wins 5 losses 190 points conceded

So unfortunately Flanno's 1st season record appears to be getting worse than it was in round 5, yet many of Flanno's disciples like to somehow say we're playing better footy than previous.
Would you care to offer an explanation as to why this would be as statistically it is telling a very damning story for those in the fraud's corner?

@BLM01 @redVinme @Crush
Please advise 🙂

BLM01

First Grade
To be honest I can't be bothered updating you each and every week on this, but to reward your persistence, here is how your man fraud Flanno the drug cheat is going vs his JV peers in their 1st season as coach after 8 rounds.

So unfortunately Flanno's 1st season record appears to be getting worse than it was in round 5, yet many of Flanno's disciples like to somehow say we're playing better footy than previous.
Would you care to offer an explanation as to why this would be as statistically it is telling a very damning story for those in the fraud's corner?

@BLM01 @redVinme @Crush
Please advise 🙂
Thats right you should not of bothered as it useless now and means nothing but to answer you different game, different squads and if you did that stat after R7 it would be better and that is the point. Come back at seasons end to prove any point and not before.

I'm Hornby

Juniors
Thats right you should not of bothered as it useless now and means nothing but to answer you different game, different squads and if you did that stat after R7 it would be better and that is the point. Come back at seasons end to prove any point and not before.
Yes I will, so please stop asking me to update you each week on this buddy and additionally, don't repeat your same excuses at season's end when I update the forum on this.

Your original point was round 5 is too long ago and now when we're up to date you say go back a week? What complete nonsense from yourself.

I have posted quite a few times; good players make good coaches to a significant ( not complete) degree.

Whether Shane Flanagan or whoever else, we need the ‘cattle’. That’s probably why Robo and Bellamy have never left to test themselves at other lesser clubs. They have the location and financial resources to buy and retain top class players.

In recent years our best season was 2018. We had recruited Ben Hunt, James Graham, Cameron McInnes. Hung on to Gareth Widdop after big Tigers offer and Matt Duffy hit the scene. Our pack had Tareq Simms, JDB, Tyson Frizzell and Leeson Au Mau. But for enormous bad luck lost Widdop and Tariq when thrashing Broncos in first semi and narrow loss to South’s with weakened team in Major semi. My Point? The scorned Mary Mc went close to coaching a team in a grand Final. He had pretty good cattle!

We are a Sydney club training and playing mostly down in Wollongong. It’s a disincentive to possible signings. I doubt we have 3rd party ‘firepower’. The next ‘big things’ often turn out just OK at best in NRL. Look at the roosters roster. Amazing! Also, Queensland players as possible recruits will likely take a little less to stay near family and friends.

It’s the good joke here on the forum ‘stay calm everyone No one is coming’. Don’t ask me the solution.
I think the recruitment issue is very much influenced where the families of most players live.

Demographically the teams operate in 3 different markets:

Major cities: All Sydney teams excluding JV sides, Brisbane/Gold Coast and Melbourne teams;

Regional areas: Cowboys, Newcastle, Wollongong, Canberra

West Tigers and STGI are developing into regional sides. WT often play out of Campbelltown, an outer Sydney Suburb. We are heavily linked to Wollongong.

The regional areas are great places to live, however, ultimately they are less attractive when compared to the major cities for the majority of young players and families.

Storm hardly ever buy established players.

Crush

Coach

@BLM01 @redVinme @Crush
Please advise 🙂
Another Saturday night well spent…

BLM01

First Grade
Yes I will, so please stop asking me to update you each week on this buddy and additionally, don't repeat your same excuses at season's end when I update the forum on this.

Your original point was round 5 is too long ago and now when we're up to date you say go back a week? What complete nonsense from yourself.
Your the one that keeps regurgitating R5 not me
Read your own posts
So don’t predict the future
come back and say you were right at the end of the year if it is real then

Latest posts