What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Flights to Warriors Match in NZ

juanfarkall

Coach
Just a note for anyone planning on heading over to Auckland in July for the match against the Warriors that Emirates currently have a $99 each way (plus tax) special on offer for this weekend only.
I believe it is only available via their website.
I am currently lobbying the Leader of the Opposition for a leave pass.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
FMD that's cheap.

January is the traditional month of the tightarse for me. Will certainly give it some thought juan.

Thanks for the heads up.

AJ_82

Juniors
Mate sussed out Virgin Blue and they have it on sale atm for $74 e/w from Brisbane and Sydney, not sure how long for but might be a better option for some :)

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Cheers AJ.

If we hang around long enough they'll be paying us to fly.

Round 20 ~ Glory Bound Round
July 24 - 27
Bulldogs vs. Eels
Cowboys vs. Panthers
Rabbitohs vs. Roosters
Raiders vs. Wests Tigers
Sea Eagles vs. Knights
Storm vs. Sharks
Titans vs. Broncos
Warriors vs. Dragons

Anyone know what day it is?

juanfarkall

Coach
I won't be going for the match due to other committments :(
However we are going for a week over the June-July school holidays instead.
Neither myself nor the Opposition Leader have been over the dutch before, so we are looking forward to it.
Thanks AJ, I had a quick look at the VirginBlue site and considered it as an option. Considering the distance etc, if I was going over for the match I would probably go over for the whole weekend plus a day or two to have a look around so not knowing the exact time/date of the match would be less of an issue.
Even though it is only a 3 hour flight, Emirates is a full service airline on a long haul aircraft so I m pretty sure that we can each consume $25 worth of food/drinks on the flight.
If it was just me travelling solo, I would probably be prepared to travel in a animal transport container to save a few dollars but she does not not think that way.

The Major

Bench
sh*te for that price i'm keen as! Maybe time for a roll call on this one??? We can be the "Beeeached As Army!"

Anyone else semi keen or definates at this stage?

AJ_82

Juniors
Im keen if you buy me another kebab u shifty bastard!!

Its ok Colesy - your old enough to whore yourself out to Hervey Bay now so you can earn enough cash for a flight accom n tix in one night now!:crazy:

Besides, Ray is a tight ass and wouldn't buy you a kebab anyways :lol::lol:

P.S. Ray yes I might be interested in going to Auckland once we know the day, as its in audit busy season hence I can't take Fridays or Mondays off!

saint-colesy

Juniors
Well see thats where you are wrong

Ray did buy me a kebab after a scumulla game, but did the old switcheroo on my garlic sauce kebab with his chilli sauce kebab and burnt the f**k out of my mouth

Everything else you said seems about right tho.

The Major

Bench
Well see thats where you are wrong

Ray did buy me a kebab after a scumulla game, but did the old switcheroo on my garlic sauce kebab with his chilli sauce kebab and burnt the f**k out of my mouth

GUILTY AS CHARGED!

I am with you AJ re the proper date would only be good for me as long as its not a stinking Monday night game. Saturday would be perfect. Sunday arvo could work also. Fingers crossed.

Dragon_psa

First Grade
I'll definitely be at the game. I won't have to fly anywhere, though.

Would be good to catch up with fellow Saints fans and have a beer or 10.

saint-colesy

Juniors
It will most likely be a 5.30 kick off on a saturday, cant see it being a friday night game and the warriors do play the majority of their home games on a saturday if i recall correctly.

AJ_82

Juniors
It will most likely be a 5.30 kick off on a saturday, cant see it being a friday night game and the warriors do play the majority of their home games on a saturday if i recall correctly.

That would be ideal - just need the flights to stay the same price and for me to have some cash ready when we know the draw!

The Major

Bench
I think the last few times with played the sheep shaggers they were Sunday arvo games. The last time over there was a sunday arvo from memory. Yeah... Stel, me, Dennis, and Davie went to One World Sports at Parra to watch it, then feeling sympathetic, ventured to Parra stadium in our red vees to watch a souths vs parra game. I tell ya, how many numb-nuts said to us... "You're at the wrong game!" i'd be stuffed. Frigging Einsteins. Gotta wake up early to pull one over these gurus.

Nitro

Juniors
Sorry to bring up an old thread, but I just booked flights this morning for the 23rd July to the 31st of July with my wife and son and paid $580 return for all of us including tax from www.jetabroad.com.au - It's flying LAN Airlines.

You can pick up an adult return including all taxes for $280.12 which is cheaper than Jetstar/Qantas/Air NZ etc.

Hope to see you guys in Auckland in July :)

See you next week on the hill against the titans!

Cheers,
Adam.

_Johnsy

Referee
This is why the nrl need to have the entire draw done in advance so people can plan trips away to watch their side. Not going to happen for me unfortunately, work. By the time we know what day it is on, the flights would be more expensive.

just had a squizz via that site, cheapest is $338 return, leave 25th return 28th

on virgin blue website, flying out sat 25th $154, back 28th sale fare no baggage $74

both coolangatta - auckland

Last edited:

Nitro

Juniors
Sorry, I should have added that I am flying from Sydney to Auckland, however $338 seems an okay deal return for a fully serviced airline!

Cheers,
Adam.

Latest posts