What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

oldmancraigy

Coach
Galvin is a class player. If the Tigers are still struggling in a couple of seasons, he will be in massive demand if he keeps developing as a half. Bears would love to add him to their inaugural roster I would think.

He was an Eels fan growing up - let the Bears (and BA) have Dylbags, and we'll bring Galvin "home"

Tiger5150

Bench
He was an Eels fan growing up - let the Bears (and BA) have Dylbags, and we'll bring Galvin "home"
bait.gif

TheRam

Coach

Yeah I know, we cut him and he went to the Tigers. But he is a big boy and in 3-4 years time he may end up filling out to much and move into the forwards(lock position).

But if not, I would be looking at replacing Moses who would be nearing the end of his career, that is if he hasn't already left us by then.

We just don't seem to know who to keep and who to let go most of the time do we?

Jeez I wish we could get that part of the clubs structure sorted out. We wouldn't be in this predicament on or off the field if we did.

Delboy

First Grade
Yeah I know, we cut him and he went to the Tigers. But he is a big boy and in 3-4 years time he may end up filling out to much and move into the forwards(lock position).

But if not, I would be looking at replacing Moses who would be nearing the end of his career, that is if he hasn't already left us by then.

We just don't seem to know who to keep and who to let go most of the time do we?

Jeez I wish we could get that part of the clubs structure sorted out. We wouldn't be in this predicament on or off the field if we did.
Looking at the improvement of results and recruitment at junior rep level over the past couple of years, we really need the progression to NRL and NRL recruitment sorted out and reaching a level of our contemporaries.

Through my career the bare minimum requirement was performance had to be in the top quartile of the industry. Not sure we’ve been there for far too long.

Delboy

First Grade
The Tele published the top 50 young players, any further proof of our reliance on experienced journeymen is starkly there. Eels have 2 players in the list. Talagi is there and gone, Penisini is the only other one and he’s in the 40s below Blaize. There’s a few others that played in our juniors on the list but are at other clubs.

Another example of some wasted years in retention and recruitment.

TGAA

Juniors

I remember we had

Lyons and Vaeliki and lost Tonga
We had a halves pairing and then lost Hodgkinson (played SOO) and Maloney

hindy111

Post Whore

Roosters WAR CHEST
They'll nab him. I've heard it from strong powerful birds

hindy111

Post Whore
The Tele published the top 50 young players, any further proof of our reliance on experienced journeymen is starkly there. Eels have 2 players in the list. Talagi is there and gone, Penisini is the only other one and he’s in the 40s below Blaize. There’s a few others that played in our juniors on the list but are at other clubs.

Another example of some wasted years in retention and recruitment.

Can you post the list. I'd love to see

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Hindmarsh brothers
A.Ryan
Cayless brothers
Lyon
Vaeleki
The Smith Bros, Willy Tonga, Mateo, Hayne, Inu, Blake Green, Zeb Tai, Luke Burt, Eric Grothe Jr, Reddy, Danny Sullivan. The list is endless.

Bea was at the club the same time length and the juniors brought through and developed could be counted on about one hand.

Last edited:

Pazza

First Grade
The Smith Bros, Willy Tonga, Mateo, Hayne, Inu, Blake Green, Zeb Tai, Luke Burt, Eric Grothe Jr, Reddy, Danny Sullivan. The list is endless.

Bea was at the club at the same time length and the juniors brought through and developed could be counted on about one hand.

Pat Richards

King-Gutho94

Coach
I think that's why Blaize is still in the team.

So we can poach him back in 2-3 years time so keep a good relationship. We stuffed up with Stefano so he will probably never come back here.

Matt Arthur, we probably don't want back either.

Sanders a bit different though snubbing him from NRL so many times might've left a bad taste in his mouth.
Welcome aboard TGAA.

Stefano is at his 3rd club before he is 25 years of age i think we can pass that one off as a bloke who was never going to be loyal.

Blaize well who knows i wouldn't lose any sleep atm if he never came back.

It will be interesting to see how Penrith fix his defence next year and the improvement they get in that area.

Latest posts