What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fly baby, fly!!!!!

Elias1983

Coach
00071596-Photo.jpg

C'MON DUGES! TIME TO TEAR IT UP!!!

http://www.dragons.com.au/photogallerydisplay/Put-Through-Their-Paces-Round-10-Gallery/5135

Last edited:

BennyV

Referee
I was very interested in those training pics on the dragons site. Good to see guys like Goodwin, Drinkwater, Runciman all training with the first grade squad. I think I even saw Ryan and Phillips in there! Although there were a few faces in there who were a mystery, no idea who they were lol!

On topic...FIRE UP DUGES, SHOW THE HAYNESTAIN HOW A REAL FULLBACK DOES IT!

watatank

Coach
lol they look scared, possibly mesmerised by that catch

as for the fringe players, did you think they were training with the Cutters?

watatank

Coach
If they have an NRL contract with the Dragons, they will train with first grade the majority of the time. The players that end up playing for the Cutters might only train there once but will train with first grade.

Runciman probably spends time training with both the NRL and U20s squads. As is the case for any player they want to fast track. Stockwell (and others) would have done the same, Garvey will probably start to be integrated soon if he isn't already.

BennyV

Referee
If they have an NRL contract with the Dragons, they will train with first grade the majority of the time. The players that end up playing for the Cutters might only train there once but will train with first grade.

Runciman probably spends time training with both the NRL and U20s squads. As is the case for any player they want to fast track. Stockwell (and others) would have done the same, Garvey will probably start to be integrated soon if he isn't already.

Good to know - there's my new fact for the day, I can put my feet up and relax for the afternoon!

Cheers!

watatank

Coach
Lol. How else is the coach supposed to keep tabs on players they might want to play? Players don't improve playing NSW Cup or U20s, they improve by training alongside seasoned NRL players. It also helps for them to play against seasoned players but not everyone can do that or is ready for that.

Minh

First Grade
Looking at the photo gallery it is a little bit of a concern why all these players are taught to catch with their hands far away from the body making it easier to cough up the ball. the traditional catch on the chest I would think is a safer option from experience. I wonder could this be the reason for some of the easy dropsy's.

gypsy

Bench
Looking at the photo gallery it is a little bit of a concern why all these players are taught to catch with their hands far away from the body making it easier to cough up the ball. the traditional catch on the chest I would think is a safer option from experience. I wonder could this be the reason for some of the easy dropsy's.

It's a style used mainly in attack to gain a height advantage, with even a drop being not that big a deal.
Only the very confident attempt this on D.

Louiethefly

Juniors

Chest in defence, Mark it in offence I think is what they are going for these days but its all situational I guess.

Like this you mean

00071600-Photo.jpg

Latest posts