What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Football Club AGM

juanfarkall

Coach
The people skills that have endeared P.Doust to fans/customers far and wide.....

Perhaps she was not from a "key community".....

What odds that on the joyous day that his position within the organisation is either "downsized or reallocated" he exclaims to the masses something along the lines of "Let them eat cake !!!"

drake

First Grade
Thanks for the update R2k.

More piss and wind from the corporate wannabes at Dragons inc pty ltd.

Drew-Sta

Staff member
Cheers R2K for the update.

The fact we still could have played at Kogarah had we really wanted to is a burning knife in the back of all supporters.

The Preacher

First Grade
I asked at the membership desk for some footy club application forms and was told that they are only available from the football club direct.

They don't want members, they want to only have to worry about the party pies, sangas and cold beer, NOT QUESTIONS THAT REQUIRE A DECENT ANSWER!!!

It's an incestuous little society that they don't want breached.

Father Ted

First Grade
When I tried to get the question of why January was a absolute date in the work to be done at Kogarah they refused to answer saying they had finished with the Kogarah questions for the night . I must say our CEO and coach looked and sounded very nervous . Also was very interested in the fact that they invited Danny to talk about the leagues club and answer some questions until they decided they did'nt like the questions then we got the speech on how it was a football club meeting , which beggers the observation that it was the board who brought him and had him speak on the leagues club and opened the door for the leagues club questions .
Also interested when Danny talked about the club and the auditorium he said it would cost millions and millions to fix , then said however they have a D.A in front of council for the roof lol . He also said the leagues club was poorly built ( shades of concrete cancer boys and girls ) and words to the effect that it was the fault of the people in charge way back when the TAJ was built .
All in all the football club meeting was very rushed and they cut off a lot of people who wanted to ask questions , not to mention follow up questions to the board answers .
Also in my opinion they were very rude to Preacher , whose points about the Anzac game being moved from the city and the disruption to the diggers were valid and were later backed up by an old digger who was also given the usual b.s speak .
We were given the usual buzz words , Key performance indicators and promoting the brand etc , were shown a graph on the break up of the career paths the players could follow the St.George one had a rather major hole for the St.George side , players up here just play park football in their early twenties from now on or presumably move over to Cronulla , Canterbury, Souths or Easts .
All in all a rushed meeting by what appeared to me to be a jittery board .

The Preacher

First Grade
They tried to pull that business bullsh!t on me last night, Drake. I made it quite clear to Doust that we are a footy club, NOT A f**kING BRAND!!!!

Drew-Sta

Staff member
I'm interested in the fact that they're jittery.

As much as I loathe them, it seems they can see the storm clouds building overhead.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Drew-Sta said:
I'm interested in the fact that they're jittery.

As much as I loathe them, it seems they can see the storm clouds building overhead.
You say that come election time, they know they're in for a fight?

punton

Juniors
The Preacher said:
I asked at the membership desk for some footy club application forms and was told that they are only available from the football club direct.

They don't want members, they want to only have to worry about the party pies, sangas and cold beer, NOT QUESTIONS THAT REQUIRE A DECENT ANSWER!!!

It's an incestuous little society that they don't want breached.

What does your constitution say in terms of financial members and voting rights?

Do you have to be a member for three preceding years, as we at Souths did, to be able to vote?

Is your FC constitution the same as the LC?

The Preacher

First Grade
The leagues club appoints the footy club board, there are no elections for the footy club.
:BDH:
That's why we have this incest like situation where it is just about the same board for both entities. We should be playing in Tasmania or Blackbutt. :shock:

Things may well change come the leagues club elections in March. :pray:

The Preacher

First Grade
I mentioned the constitution at the AGM 2 years ago. I've never seen people collectively sh!t themselves like they did that night.
There are members of the board that used to come and have a chat to me after AGM's, funny, doesn't seem to happen these days. :-k

Drew-Sta

Staff member
Willow said:
You say that come election time, they know they're in for a fight?

If they don't already, they will when the name on their office changes...

koslecki

Juniors
The Preacher said:
I mentioned the constitution at the AGM 2 years ago. I've never seen people collectively sh!t themselves like they did that night.
There are members of the board that used to come and have a chat to me after AGM's, funny, doesn't seem to happen these days. :-k

they dont chat to you cos you act like a peanut. you always have the intention of going to big note yourself for the other peanuts in the gallery. you embarrass yourself in front of the players too who i had a chat to after and they though you were a bit of a joke!

doust is always one step ahead of everybody and it showed a gain alst night! i dontr know why you lot think you will got there to get the answers you want as you dont listen to what is being said anyway! i counted 5 ppl ask the same question - talk about wasting time!

see you at telstra....... if they asked me to watch them on the moon naked i'd do, after all its the players and the club i support!

koslecki

Juniors
The Preacher said:

ding,ding, round 2

that would be due to them realizing 2 years ago you are just a time waster looking to pound his hairless chest in the name of self satisfaction.

get back to Panania where you belong and support your local team, idiots like you fit in perfectly with the Bulldog culture

R2K

Bench
koslecki said:
ding,ding, round 2

that would be due to them realizing 2 years ago you are just a time waster looking to pound his hairless chest in the name of self satisfaction.

get back to Panania where you belong and support your local team, idiots like you fit in perfectly with the Bulldog culture

Koslecki, are the personal attacks against the Preacher really warranted? He is passionate about the St.George-Illawarra Dragons and has the right to put his view across.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
koslecki, have you stopped supporting Newtown yet?

As R2K said, everyone is entitled to their opinion. And last time I checked, you have always been afforded the same courtesy.

Latest posts