What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Footy royalty waiting to answer crisis

Eels Dude

Coach
We're better off using Keating at halfback, and throwing one of these boys onto the bench instead of going with Robson. If not this week, then next week when they've got a bit of preparation time.

Fathead

Bench
Both Kelly and Mortimer are training with Robson so that the coaching staff can make a call on which one can combine the best with the team.
Selection of anyone in particular is not certain but dont be suprised if either Kelly or Mortimer make their debut.

muznik

Juniors
can you imagine the media scrutiny when they're chosen to make their debut???

:-s So... you would let the predecessor get all the press about how he was sacked...name someone else as replacement, lets just say oooh I dont know Jeff Robson for arguments sake & do a quiet pre game swap ? :shock:

lingard

Coach
They could well be..... but if rushed they could well go the way of Mick Witt, Tim Smith, Steve Jolly, John Simon, Jason Bell, David Penna, Steve Witt or Chris Lawler. Let them form a combination and earn the spot.....

John Simon wasn`t rushed. John Simon had a long and illustrious career.

lingard

Coach
So Dan Mortimer and his dad decided to go with Parramatta because Michael Hagan was the coach? Gee, it seems Michael must have done something right. What `ya reckon?

Mr_E

Juniors
Is it rushing it to want to see

1. Hayne
2. Reddy
3. Inu
4. B Smith
5. Grothe
6. Kelly
7. Mortimer

some time soon?:p

. . . Won't happen but maybe next year.

Pazza

First Grade
not behind this forward pack, these kids wouldnt stand a chance. When Tim Smith came into grade a tore it up he had:

8.Cayless
9.Riddell
10.Stringer
11.Hindmarsh
12.Morrison
13.Wagon

14.Marsh
15.Fui

These guys gave Smith a great platform. i say give the kids more time to develop (sometime in wenty too), we need to cut some of a deadwood (weller, cordoba) and buy a couple of hard forwards.

Stagger eel

Staff member
So Dan Mortimer and his dad decided to go with Parramatta because Michael Hagan was the coach? Gee, it seems Michael must have done something right. What `ya reckon?

wrong, he chose Parra because it was better for his junior development, he's been there since SG Ball and have had excellent guidence from the likes of Grant Jones, Mick Lewis, joe Grima, Craig Cullnane and Matt Cameron...

Michael who???

strider

Post Whore
wrong, he chose Parra because it was better for his junior development, he's been there since SG Ball and have had excellent guidence from the likes of Grant Jones, Mick Lewis, joe Grima, Craig Cullnane and Matt Cameron...

Michael who???
you think his dad is telling fibs? (or talking sh*t)

"The Bulldogs actually offered more money but we decided to go with Parramatta because the objective was for Daniel to be able to develop his game," Peter said. "Michael Hagan was Parramatta coach at the time and he'd played three Grand Finals in different backline positions.
"The Bulldogs still had Steve Folkes, who coached a forward-dominated game all his career."

Stagger eel

Staff member
tbh, I don't even think that Mortimer has even attended a first grade training session with Hagan at the helm. i'm still of the opinion that he chose our club because we had the right people in the area to get him at first grade level.

caylo

Bench
Both Kelly and Mortimer are training with Robson so that the coaching staff can make a call on which one can combine the best with the team.
Selection of anyone in particular is not certain but dont be suprised if either Kelly or Mortimer make their debut.

Because Fathead said it, I will now believe Anderson will play one of Mortimore or Kelly.

It has been stated that Mateo will go to 5-8, and I would imagine that Keating to halfback. Mortimore or Kelly (I assume Kelly atm simply due to build) will come on maybe 30min in, and Mateo will slot back into the backrow. Ease them into the game