What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

For Mario - State Of Game

Monkey

Juniors
Mario, any chance you can tell us exactly what is happenin at the moment. is it with sony, is there a problem, or are you just gearing up for release. just so it gets rid of rumours. cheers mate.

Mario

Juniors
As requested in another thread, here is the sequence of events required for the tail end of this project (expect our present situation to be somewhere along this)

- Final development
- Final internal testing
- Final publisher testing
- Sidhe ships physical DVDs to HES in Australia
- HES ships DVDs to Microsoft/Sony in the UK
- Sony/Microsoft compliance testing
- Sony/Microsoft usability testing
- Sony/Microsoft manufacturer test retail DVDs
- Sony/Microsoft ship test retail DVDs to HES in Australia
- HES test and signoff on test retail DVDs
- Sony/Microsoft send master discs to manufacturers in Singapore
- Manufacturers send finished units to distributors in Europe, Australia and NZ
- Distributors send final units to retailers
- Retailers await coordinated release date
- Retailers make available for sale

I haven't mentioned packaging in the above, so you might want to consider that also (it has to go through Sony/Microsoft standards checking too).

Razor

Coach
So you won't be releaseing the PC version of the game earlier like EA Sports do with all of their games?

***MH***

Bench
Mario said:
As requested in another thread, here is the sequence of events required for the tail end of this project (expect our present situation to be somewhere along this)

- Final development
- Final internal testing
- Final publisher testing
- Sony/Microsoft compliance testing
- Sony/Microsoft usability testing
- Sony/Microsoft manufacturer test retail DVDs
- Sony/Microsoft ship test retail DVDs to HES in Australia
- HES test and signoff on test retail DVDs
- Sony/Microsoft send master discs to manufacturers in Singapore
- Manufacturers send finished units to distributors in Europe, Australia and NZ
- Distributors send final units to retailers
- Retailers await coordinated release date
- Retailers make available for sale

I haven't mentioned packaging in the above, so you might want to consider that also (it has to go through Sony/Microsoft standards checking too).
what kinda machines are used to copy all those dvds and how fast to they copy?

wow thats alot of things to do!! I would be very surprised if it came out in oct now....but thanx for the heads up mario its good to know exactly where u are up to :)

sheep

Juniors
Mario said:

Lets hope their not using Australia Post for shipping or we'll have to wait another 3 months

TripleM

Juniors
pepstar87 said:
So it's got a fair while to go then..

Uh, if you read what Mario actually said, he said that those things are all the things the game has to go through and they are somewhere along the line. He didn't say that was everything still left to do.

Erhan

Juniors
I'm assuming that the game is basically finished then, since there'd be no way the game could come out as early as late Oct if the physical dvd's aren't in Australia yet. I heard some bloke gloating on bulldogs.rleague.com that he already had a copy of the game, I dismissed it as bullshit but when I look at the list of compliancing issues that need to be sort through, perhaps he may not be all talk.

Latest posts