What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

For Some Reason I Feel For....

Anonymous

Juniors
Brett Lee. He is really trying to reserect something but the Indias have really figured him out.

I hope he can come back and really become the bowler we all thought he was going to be.

Iafeta

Referee
I have a feeling that this isn't just an aborration. I think he's going to take a lot of heat for a while. If you were batting against McGrath, Gillespie, possibly Warne, Brett Lee is your output for freebie runs. He either bowls real short, or half volleys on most occasions. Against good batsmen, he's going to go for plenty.

People will look back at his career as a bit of an enigma, a world class strike bowler to be feared at the start, a couple of injuries, and then a hit me and hit me hard type of bowler.

Kasper

Bench
Brett Lee 10 overs...1/83. That is one of the worst bowling performances i have ever seen. Should never be handed a cricket ball again.

Alan Shore

First Grade
Bowling economically is more important than wickets in ODI cricket, and Lee fails that task. Gillespie didn't take any wickets but he bowled the way you should in ODIs only conceding 4.0 an over when the opposition put on 304.

Tupac Shakur

First Grade
he is just in a purple patch at the moment and he can only improve and get back to his best he just needs time

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
He had a bad start to his ODI career, and he fought to become a very good ODI bowler.

He can do it again and he is worth persevering with because he has the abilty to be a very good bowler.

Brett Lee 10 overs...1/83. That is one of the worst bowling performances i have ever seen. Should never be handed a cricket ball again.

YES YES YES
Agree 100%
And he thinks he should be given the new ball in tests! HA HA HA!

The worry is that everyone knows he is shit...everyone but him. That's why I cant feel sorry for him, he's awful and he still carries on like he's the King. He's f**ked. Shoot him.

Anonymous

Juniors
He will be back. I think a few season of domestic cricket and make him earn his spot.

None of this 4/120 against State sides, and then saying oh well good enough.

I want 7/30's.

A stint in county cricket would be good as well. Get him some confidence to reduce run rates.

knights04

Bench
There's always been daylight between Lee and Akhtar and that's not saying much for Lee considering Akhtar can only rattle the furniture for his wkts. Lee has always been inconsistent and it's not the first time he has struck a purple patch. IMO Lee's career is a purple patch. :lol:

Lee is a joke. Even when he's "in form" (ie managing to bowl less than 2 no balls per over) he's still f**ken shit. The batsmen just block his deliveries and they run for 4. When he's bowling fast he's all over the pitch. When he's not bowling fast he's just useless - whats the point? When he finally gets lucky, usually with a tail ender, (every dog has its day) he's overstepped the crease by about 2 metres. When he stops carrying on like a f**king idiot with that chainsaw debacle he turns around to face the umpire and realises it's a catch off a no ball...confidence shot, he concedes 16 off the over. He refocuses for the next over and only lets in 10.

In the break between innings someone explains what a no ball is and he comes up with a brilliant plan. Running up, then releasing the ball when he is about 2 metres behind the stumps. I have never seen anything so pathetic in sport as when Lee was delivering the ball 50 centimetres behind the crease. Fancy that, a professional bowler!!!! I couldnt believe it!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:

I cannot see a single reason for retaining him. He is absolutely useless and if he wasnt "one of the boys" he'd be out on his ear by now.

JoeD

First Grade
Wisden said:
Ten runs came in each of Lee's first three overs, and he ended up with 1 for 83 from 10 overs – the second-most expensive figures by an Australian in an ODI (the most expensive figures, incidentally, were by Lee as well, against Pakistan at Cardiff in 2001.)

Hahahahahahahahaha. Lee deserves everything he gets.

Craig McDermott had a similar patch in around 88-early 90 where he was inbewtween being a young quick who got wickets through pace and being someone who did things with the ball. He had a couple of years playing just Shield and came back and was the best bowler Australia had for a few injury plagued years.

Hopefully, Lee will go through the same process

S2H

Juniors
McDermott never ever got smashed like lee did. Of course he wasn't as prety either so he didn't get the chances Lee is getting. He got back thru hard work.