What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

For the Redcliffe Supporters

Sgt Schultz

Juniors
I see there is a competion on the Dolphins Online website which could appeal to Redcliffe supporters who post here.
To coincide with the launch of Dolphins Online. We are happy to announce our first competition. The competition is to name the Best Dolphins team since the inception of the Brisbane Broncos in 1988 until present.
The Prizes:

First Prize: Autographed Redcliffe Dolphins Jersey, unframed photo collage of the Dolphins 2003 Qld Cup victory & 4 passes to Dolphin Oval for a Dolphins home game*.

Second Prize: Redcliffe Dolphins Supporters T-Shirt & 2 passes to Dolphin Oval for a Dolphins home game*.

Third Prize: Redcliffe Dolphins Cap & 2 Passes to Dolphin Oval for a Dolphins home game*.

* These passes are not valid for the Grand Final should it be staged at Redcliffe again.

There is a full list of players available for selection on the site
All entries must be received by Monday May 3 2004 and the winner will be notified by email on Tuesday May 4 2004.

Entry to the competition is free and you can enter as many times as you wish.

To enter simply email your side to dolphins_online@optusnet.com.au

For more details visit the site
http://redcliffe.leagueunlimited.com/competition.asp

Sgt Schultz

Juniors
What do you mean Tommy
I'm sure the likes of Ian Thinee, Peter Leis, Wally Fullerton Smith to name just a few would have been welcome at other clubs during that time period.

mud n blood

Juniors
*sigh* - :(

Leis - Wests
Currie - Wests
Oliphant - Wests
Close - Valleys
Murray - Norths
Niebling - Valleys

should I go on .... :roll:

I'll have a crack at this Sarge. Who's the judges ? I suggest 3 or 4 ex-Redcliffe players retired by 1988 .....

Sgt Schultz

Juniors
Mud I would count Currie as Wests man, Leis oh please he had 4 seasons at Redcliffe then went to Wests for year then spent the next 11 at Redcliffe and holds the club record of 261 first grade games I think I'd class him as a Redcliffe man.

Sgt Schultz

Juniors
I'll have to ask him that after I pick him up off the ground laughing or he picks me up off the ground after decking me for asking I'll let you know.

Sgt Schultz

Juniors
You would have to ask him that. But I think it's safe to say as a player he considers himself a Wests man. And didn't you lot steal him from Norths in the first place.

XXXX Cap

Juniors
I've thought for a while about putting up a thread asking everyone for their own club's post-Broncos best.

I reckon there should be a two season minimum for qualification.

David Brent

Juniors
Off the top of the head Schultzy:

1. Moggy
2. Busta
3. Benno
4. Georgie Wilson
5. Krusty
6. Tommy O'Reilly
7. Robbo
8. Crusher
9. Ackers
10. Cow
11. Iggy
12. Rusty
13. Hinch

Many notable absentees but it's been a golden era for the Fins and you could probably pick a couple of teams without really disputing them.

Big Tommy

Juniors
Sorry Sarge I was looking to get a bit of a rise from yourself and the other Redcliffe lads. Reddy did have some fine talent despite the absence of a premiership in that above period.