What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Foran gonski

^_^

Juniors
Yeh definitely but i keep hearing tony is gone with him which is just as bad as losing Foz.....those 2 were must keeps, but i feel that way about most of our players.

^_^

Juniors
I agree 100% but i can only go by the last time this happened and you would have to agree DCE would have been much better off having the remainder of 2010 in first grade as opposed to giving Trent the experience to take to the dogs.

i guess you need to keep emotions out of it which is why we are lucky the coach decides what to do :p

zombie jesus

Staff member
DCE gained a lot of confidence playing in Queensland, he might have crumbled being thrown in the deep end and be playing bush footy by now, who knows.

Foran hasn't left yet anyway, worry about it if it happens. Telegraph journo who wrote this morning he would be a dog now says he isn't sure where he will sign. It's not over just yet.

^_^

Juniors
Yeh true about DCE but from what we have seen the champ would have taken it in his stride.....the waiting thing is so painful re contract negotiations!!

Either way as stated we support our club and whoever decides to stick with us, we won comps with & without these players so its never the end of the world.

eozsmiles

Bench
Dropping players for making a choice they doesn't favour you is ridiculous.

100% spot on. You're going to drop Foran and T Rex because they got offered fat deals elsewhere?

Cool. But don't expect any half decent player, especially junior, to sign with Manly ever again.

ceagle

Bench
Foran would be looking atleast well over 600k from the Dogs since we reportedly offered him that amount

Tommax25

Bench
Ordinarilly I would say continue to play him, as we did with Hodgkinson. But this whole dogs thing has left a bitter taste in my mouth. It sounds as if we are bending over backwards to keep the man but despite meeting his demands he looks like leaving anyway. If so, f**k him and f**k the dogs. Play Liam, offer him a new contract with a bunch of the Foran money, use the rest to try and re-sign Snake/T-Rex/Matai. Send him to reserve grade for the rest of the year and let him miss out on NZ tests and let the dogs receive him without any match fitness or form for 8 months. f**k them both. Any other club he was leaving for and I wouldn't be saying this but the dogs are a bunch of underhanded merkins so let him rot and they can deal with the consequences.

jbl31649

Juniors
100% spot on. You're going to drop Foran and T Rex because they got offered fat deals elsewhere?

Cool. But don't expect any half decent player, especially junior, to sign with Manly ever again.

When was the last time we signed half decent players? There was a bit of a drive under Des for Lyon, Kennedy, Kite and Perry.

Since though (and hats off to Uncle Joe) we haven't bought and big names since before '07.

This is all speculation and you fuel rubbish journos like Webster, K@nt an Weidler by buying into this rubbish.

Either way what every happens, Manly is a team that will pick themselves up dust this sh#t off and move on with winning premierships.

If your going troll in this thread, check to see the last time your club consistantly made the finals and won a couple of GF's on the way.

eozsmiles

Bench
When was the last time we signed half decent players? There was a bit of a drive under Des for Lyon, Kennedy, Kite and Perry.

Since though (and hats off to Uncle Joe) we haven't bought and big names since before '07.

This is all speculation and you fuel rubbish journos like Webster, K@nt an Weidler by buying into this rubbish.

Either way what every happens, Manly is a team that will pick themselves up dust this sh#t off and move on with winning premierships.

If your going troll in this thread, check to see the last time your club consistantly made the finals and won a couple of GF's on the way.

You've taken me out of context I think. It's ok. I'm not trolling your thread. I was agreeing with the other poster that said dropping players if they choose to sign elsewhere is ridiculous. There are quite a few posts around here saying that it would be a good idea to drop any player that leaves. Not only would a team shoot themselves in the foot for the current season but they would look like they are spitting the dummy.

If you've read my other threads on Manly lately you'd know that I have already commended them on the way they have handled their sh!t fight since the GF. This isn't the only thread I've posted on. Of course Manly are going to dust themselves off. I don't think they have to but if that's the way you see it, don't worry. I still think they can win the comp this year. They have had they're best team on the field for 20 minutes so far. They will improve out of sight in 3 weeks.

Not sure why you stopped at the last couple of GF's. Thought you'd mention that they've won the comp in every decade since the 70's and won more than any other team since the six tackle rule.

If you really think I'm trolling your thread then you should get out and about more. I'm one of the few people around here that give Manly some credit when they are due. One of the few anywhere.

jbl31649

Juniors
You've taken me out of context I think. It's ok. I'm not trolling your thread. I was agreeing with the other poster that said dropping players if they choose to sign elsewhere is ridiculous. There are quite a few posts around here saying that it would be a good idea to drop any player that leaves. Not only would a team shoot themselves in the foot for the current season but they would look like they are spitting the dummy.

If you've read my other threads on Manly lately you'd know that I have already commended them on the way they have handled their sh!t fight since the GF. This isn't the only thread I've posted on. Of course Manly are going to dust themselves off. I don't think they have to but if that's the way you see it, don't worry. I still think they can win the comp this year. They have had they're best team on the field for 20 minutes so far. They will improve out of sight in 3 weeks.

Not sure why you stopped at the last couple of GF's. Thought you'd mention that they've won the comp in every decade since the 70's and won more than any other team since the six tackle rule.

If you really think I'm trolling your thread then you should get out and about more. I'm one of the few people around here that give Manly some credit when they are due. One of the few anywhere.

I was intially refering to your remarks on signing half decent players.We really haven't done that for awhile, so it doesn't seem to be a big issue.

In saying that Cleal was very good at finding talent and that might hurt us in the future.

coolsteve

Juniors
well , for the 12 or so who go to away games,may i suggest boycotting the eagles dogs game .I`m sure the players wouldn`t give a toss(their probably sick of the dog`s anyway)dont buy a hotdog or beer,give em nothing.sick of hearing about the caarnts.and f**k you , Des