What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Former Panthers in the NRL

Jane Murray

Bench
Matt Moylan has such as punchable face. I would have liked to have put one on his chin to wipe the smile off his face when Clearys field goal attempt in the last second fell well short in the last second of the game. It’s ancient history now, but I agree it was gut wrenching on the night.

He's not smiling this year. 38 to 12 thrashing in the game he played in.

Last edited:

Jane Murray

Bench
What a waste?

The Gold Coast Titans have announced the release of forward Bryce Cartwright, effective immediately.

The 25-year old is keen to continue his career in New South Wales and will now explore his options for 2021.

Cartwright has played 112 NRL games, including 43 for the Titans after crossing to the club from Penrith in 2018.

Gold Coast released the following statement on the matter on Thursday afternoon.

“The Gold Coast Titans have today confirmed the departure of Bryce Cartwright from the club,” the statement reads.

“In recent weeks, Bryce has indicated to the club that his preference is to continue his career in New South Wales. As such, the Titans have arrived at an agreement with Bryce to release him from his contractual obligations with immediate effect which will allow him to explore his options for the 2021 season and beyond.

“Bryce arrived on the Gold Coast prior to the 2018 season and since that time has made 43 senior appearances for the Titans.

“We would like to thank Bryce for his service to the Gold Coast Titans and wish him well for the next stage of his career.”

mxlegend99

Referee
Id offer him a minimum wage spot in our top 30. Not sure if he can bounce back or not. But if you could get him on minimum wage it's a low risk potentially high reward situation.

Probably want to limit it to a 1 year deal though incase he does fail. Doubt any clubs would be willing to offer more than that.

Fangs

Coach
Depends on top 30, or top 28. Might not be room. But on peanuts and a very short deal he could be handy.

His best football was played under Ivan.

Jane Murray

Bench
Id offer him a minimum wage spot in our top 30. Not sure if he can bounce back or not. But if you could get him on minimum wage it's a low risk potentially high reward situation.

Probably want to limit it to a 1 year deal though incase he does fail. Doubt any clubs would be willing to offer more than that.
Depends on top 30, or top 28. Might not be room. But on peanuts and a very short deal he could be handy.

His best football was played under Ivan.

I think Cartwright will struggle to find a club anyway.

WestyLife

First Grade

On minimum wage, short deal, extended squad.

You would definitely sign him and see what happens. Not much of a down side.

This. If he's on not much and not a guarenteed starter he also has less pressure.

mxlegend99

Referee
Bryce is a waste of a spot. No thanks
If we're moving on some experienced guys like Tamou, Whare, Mansour etc. and can bring Carty in for minimum wage theres not much downside at all.

Worst case he fails but we still saved money on him to use to keep other guys here. Even worst case is not bad. If he wants big money you dont consider him. But at minimum wage its worth a shot IMO.

Until he fails for us I think he's worth a shot. Everyone has failed for Titans. Or just about everyone.

franklin2323

Immortal
If we're moving on some experienced guys like Tamou, Whare, Mansour etc. and can bring Carty in for minimum wage theres not much downside at all.

Worst case he fails but we still saved money on him to use to keep other guys here. Even worst case is not bad. If he wants big money you dont consider him. But at minimum wage its worth a shot IMO.

Until he fails for us I think he's worth a shot. Everyone has failed for Titans. Or just about everyone.

He can't do the basics. Defence is shocking so can't even plug a hole

MugaB

Coach

Downside is minimum, I repeat MINIMUM THREE ERRORS A GAME,
Downside... please! Finally get at the top of the ladder and now we want to exchange captains for rejects

Tronald Crump

Juniors
Downside... please! Finally get at the top of the ladder and now we want to exchange captains for rejects

That and all the baggage he brings. Always causes distractions.
I would rather not upset the apple cart at the moment.
I would rather the spot when to a keen kid.

mxlegend99

Referee
Being in our top 30 doesn't mean you have to play him. Plenty of top 30 guys never played for us. Or made a random cameo.

Tamou is already gone. Its not exchanging him. Its filling a roster spot with a minimum wage player allowing more money to be spent elsewhere.

A few minimum wage players increases what we can offer to must keep players.

BxTom

Bench
Being in our top 30 doesn't mean you have to play him. Plenty of top 30 guys never played for us. Or made a random cameo.

Tamou is already gone. Its not exchanging him. Its filling a roster spot with a minimum wage player allowing more money to be spent elsewhere.

A few minimum wage players increases what we can offer to must keep players.
Let's give a minimum wage to a young local who has some dedication. As much as I'd like the name Cartwright associated with the club, it's not Bryce.

martielang

Bench
Not sure why teams/Titans didn't play Cartwright in the middle. Less chance of getting isolated defensively & the ball playing lock is back in vogue.

betcats

Referee
Not sure why teams/Titans didn't play Cartwright in the middle. Less chance of getting isolated defensively & the ball playing lock is back in vogue.

I agree re playing him at lock, it makes perfect sense given his abilities and physical limitations except for he probably just lacks the heart to make 30 plus tackles a game. If I was a prop i'd be relentlessly targeting Carty if I saw him standing in the middle.

Fangs

Coach
His efforts in defence can be pea hearted at times. Not always about being isolated, sometimes he is just very apathetic. Wherever he defends he will be given a bath until he actually has a dig consistently.

Latest posts