What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Former Panthers in the NRL

Pleased for Charlie Staines to get a new two year deal.
Agree; seems a great kid. Shouldn’t be underestimated what he became for us; he was a traditional winger and he turned himself into the battering ram we need from our flanks.

I still always feel like he is going to have a real breakout year, but I think he is a bit hampered by not having the body control some of the other wingers have when going in for the try. Very similar to Turuva in that way.

Kilkenny

Coach
I mentioned quite a few years ago, more than I care to remember, I attended a leadership day, in my former life, of which Wayne Bennettwas guest speaker.

He was very impressive, much different to the Wayne Bennett you see day in day out in press conferences and the like. His speech/talk last well over an hour, no notes or pre prepared speech, just off the cuff. It was actually very up lifting and he didn’t shy away from any subject. It definitely changed my perspective of him in a positive way.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
I mentioned quite a few years ago, more than I care to remember, I attended a leadership day, in my former life, of which Wayne Bennettwas guest speaker.

He was very impressive, much different to the Wayne Bennett you see day in day out in press conferences and the like. His speech/talk last well over an hour, no notes or pre prepared speech, just off the cuff. It was actually very up lifting and he didn’t shy away from any subject. It definitely changed my perspective of him in a positive way.

Don't like the bloke. I think he's slime. Would kill his grandma if he thought he could make money from it, or if it was to his advantage.

I tend to judge folks by their actions, not their words.

Words are cheap.

Chins get the wins

First Grade
Don't like the bloke. I think he's slime. Would kill his grandma if he thought he could make money from it, or if it was to his advantage.

I tend to judge folks by their actions, not their words.

Words are cheap.
Apart from Tallis (who's a complete f**kwit) I've never heard a former player say a bad word about him. Infact they all love the bloke, even guys he moved on or dropped.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
Apart from Tallis (who's a complete f**kwit) I've never heard a former player say a bad word about him. Infact they all love the bloke, even guys he moved on or dropped.

This is my opinion.

Frankly I couldn't care less what players think. Many players come out in support of those who are convicted and goaled for some pretty horrible crimes.

Look at the support from blokes like Hayne, and Scott by fellow players.

Players still in the game or retired are not a great judges of such things.

Munky

Coach
Wayne in the last twenty five years has taken money from:

1) An ASX listed company
2) a JV club backed by a pokie palace and a billionaire
3) A bloke who was a paper billionaire
4) The same ASX listed company
5) A Hollywood actor and two billionaires.
6) The Dolphins (not sure who put up the cash).

If you are not taking as much money from the above and having a comfortable nights sleep with a clean conscience it is because you thought sleeping on a pile of money was a good idea.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
Bennett is no philanthropist. As soon as the money looked like running out at Newcastle.
He was out of the place quicker than a rat down a drainpipe. Of course he left with his CASH tightly held in his sweaty little hands.

His God is CASH. Only CASH.

Bennett doesn't generally do development clubs, he goes places where and when the cash is very good. Be interesting to see the mess he leaves at the Dolphins. Courts the rich and powerful, because CASH is king.

Tends to leave the joint is disarray.......like a deck of cards, ready to topple. Look at Newcastle, Brisbane, Dragons. Gutted all of them.

Fangs

Coach
Wayne in the last twenty five years has taken money from:

6) The Dolphins (not sure who put up the cash).

Redcliffe Dolphins claim to have more assets than the Broncos. They could pave Wayne's driveway with Banjo Patterson if they wanted to.

tripster

Juniors
Why does Spencer look so much less intimidating in that jersey? Guy doesn't look like a wrecking ball anymore.

I am not intending to talk him down by any stretch given his in an incredible impact player, but I do think Leniu is an impact prop who I doubt will ever be able to play the minutes necessary to be a starting front rower.

He played 83 FG games for us across 5 seasons and I don't think his fitness ever really got to the point where you could see him playing starting prop minutes. He has been incredible coming off the bench in a 10-15 minute burst before half time (usually coming on around the 25-30 minute mark) and then playing another 10-15 minutes after half time (and sometimes again with a very brief stint near the end of the game) but I am just not convinced he is capable of playing longer minutes at the same intensity. Even in those bursts off the bench he would sometimes get gassed and go missing.

Maybe what I am saying is unfair, and he is capable of playing longer minutes if he were to start and 'pace himself' rather than come on and play an impact role, but I am not certain of that. Time will tell. I also very much doubt that Robinson will be able to get more out of him than Ivan did.

MugaB

Coach
Bennett is no philanthropist. As soon as the money looked like running out at Newcastle.
He was out of the place quicker than a rat down a drainpipe. Of course he left with his CASH tightly held in his sweaty little hands.

His God is CASH. Only CASH.

Bennett doesn't generally do development clubs, he goes places where and when the cash is very good. Be interesting to see the mess he leaves at the Dolphins. Courts the rich and powerful, because CASH is king.

Tends to leave the joint is disarray.......like a deck of cards, ready to topple. Look at Newcastle, Brisbane, Dragons. Gutted all of them.
Souths? Are they gutted? Bronx just made a GF,they dont look too bad, maybe the lesson is, have a good replacement ready when little wayne is ready to move on, coz whatever was working wont when he leaves

Chins get the wins

First Grade
This is my opinion.

Frankly I couldn't care less what players think. Many players come out in support of those who are convicted and goaled for some pretty horrible crimes.

Look at the support from blokes like Hayne, and Scott by fellow players.

Players still in the game or retired are not a great judges of such things.
You are a great poster on here and I always respect what you have to say Alice