What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Former Panthers in the NRL

Munky

Coach
RCG would make our bench for sure. There is a bit of hate clouding things due to the way he left I'd say.

Of the list I'd have Cartwright back at the right price. I wouldn't have him in the 17, but it would be interesting to see if he could force his way in. He is capable of bringing something different when he is on.

The problem with Bryce is that if he was on the bench in the 2023 GF and comes on at sixteen points down he overplays his hand and does something stupid.

Even last season he'd be good for the occasional forced pass.

soc123_au

Staff member
The problem with Bryce is that if he was on the bench in the 2023 GF and comes on at sixteen points down he overplays his hand and does something stupid.

Even last season he'd be good for the occasional forced pass.
Yeah, if Peach played it would have been nerve wracking. Bryce it would be like that x 10, bigger diamonds, but also bigger rocks.

Abacus

Juniors
I think Crighton is going to be interesting at the Dogs. He finished last year on fire but the first half of the season was a little average. Does he kick on or go backwards?
I still think 850k for a centre is silly.
Critta has established himself as a big game player. The plays he made in last year's GF (& in prior GFs) were as critical to Penrith's 3peat as any other players.

I agree $850k is too much for a centre, but in Critta's case he is also club captain (and soon face of the club) and I expect he'll also be the Dogs' primary goal kicker and go-to in attack. I think he's an outstanding pick up for the Dogs at $850k.

hindy111

Post Whore
Critta has established himself as a big game player. The plays he made in last year's GF (& in prior GFs) were as critical to Penrith's 3peat as any other players.

I agree $850k is too much for a centre, but in Critta's case he is also club captain (and soon face of the club) and I expect he'll also be the Dogs' primary goal kicker and go-to in attack. I think he's an outstanding pick up for the Dogs at $850k.

We will see how good he is I guess in a side that doesn't dominate. I've seen plenty of average centre look decent in good sides. I'm not suggesting Crighton is average. He is in the top 3 or 4 centres in the game.

MrBlack

Juniors
We will see how good he is I guess in a side that doesn't dominate. I've seen plenty of average centre look decent in good sides. I'm not suggesting Crighton is average. He is in the top 3 or 4 centres in the game.
Leota and JFH make anyone with a 1 to 7 look good.

Hows Burton been since he steped away from under them

hindy111

Post Whore
Leota and JFH make anyone with a 1 to 7 look good.

Hows Burton been since he steped away from under them

None of their big money signings have stepped up. As they get better as a squad all will look start to better as a unit. But doesn't mean they haven't overpaid.
Sides need a strong spine. They still need a Half and Fullback. And at this stage Mahoney and Burton are far from elite

Iamback

Coach
RCG would make our bench for sure. There is a bit of hate clouding things due to the way he left I'd say.

Of the list I'd have Cartwright back at the right price. I wouldn't have him in the 17, but it would be interesting to see if he could force his way in. He is capable of bringing something different when he is on.

RCG numbers per hit up etc are poor.

Given you'd be looking at short spell off the bench not sure he'd get in on that

Alintheeast

Juniors
I was thinking about how we view the word “Team”, for my generation(ie Boomers) a team was 13 players for younger fans a team is 17. The old replacement rules allowed for 2 subs but they had to play the prior reserve grade game. However today you get 13 starters and 4 fresh replacements just a thought.

Abacus

Juniors
Glad tonight that Spencer is at another club. Still reported on channel 7 as "ex-Panther Spencer Leniu" (can't expect the media to moss that opportunity 😂). If the allegations are true, he's an absolute peanut.