What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Former Panthers in the NRL

mxlegend99

Referee
You do have to wonder what happened to make him want out. I can see the club side of it but not sure why he would want out
Ivan happened.

Just as he happened to Coote, Jennings, Grant, Lewis etc.

Been a while since our last rebuild. Might aswell do it again. Only problem is no decent player would want to throw their careers away joining a club with a culture built around breaking contracts. Without Gus I can't see us landing anyone decent at all... short of paying well over market value.

OldPanther

Coach
Ivan happened.

Just as he happened to Coote, Jennings, Grant, Lewis etc.

Been a while since our last rebuild. Might aswell do it again. Only problem is no decent player would want to throw their careers away joining a club with a culture built around breaking contracts. Without Gus I can't see us landing anyone decent at all... short of paying well over market value.

Well who will want to play for a club that, from the outside, looks like it now is just a vessel for the financial benefit of the Cleary family.

mxlegend99

Referee
Well who will want to play for a club that, from the outside, looks like it now is just a vessel for the financial benefit of the Cleary family.
That would be an interesting plot twist. Ivan is getting rid of anyone above minimum wage to upgrade Nathans contract.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
Oh ffs, you guys are losing the plot.

To be honest this happens most weeks.

In between turning round and round in every decreasing small circles.

If I was so inclined I would go back and drag out some of the bagging both these players have copped over the years.

Yet now when they are moved on sack cloth and ashes are donned.

I would suggest that we all perhaps need to make up our minds.

OldPanther

Coach
To be honest this happens most weeks.

In between turning round and round in every decreasing small circles.

If I was so inclined I would go back and drag out some of the bagging both these players have copped over the years.

Yet now when they are moved on sack cloth and ashes are donned.

I would suggest that we all perhaps need to make up our minds.

I've been defending both DWZ and Blake over the years. Especially against the myth that Blake still has butterfingers.

forby

Juniors
Nobody on this forum has any factual idea what goes on behind the scenes at the club. There are obviously reasons that Blake has moved on, could be money, could be personality, could be he can’t produce any more after this injury. Unless he comes out and says why it is all just people’s opinions and bs.

betcats

Referee
If that’s how you feel change you name to old parramatta and go and support them

Oldy is cool. I still remember acting a fool when Lewis and Moylan were released, we invest a lot of emotion in the club and players it sucks when things like this happen.

OldPanther

Coach
Oldy is cool. I still remember acting a fool when Lewis and Moylan were released, we invest a lot of emotion in the club and players it sucks when things like this happen.

This. I will have my moment of mourning and move on. Sucked when Fittler left as well. I'm still here.