What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Former Panthers in the NRL

TheFrog

Coach
I thought Moylan would have peformed better for the Sharks but Johnson & Dugan were not good buys at the money they paid.
Moylan's problems at Penrith, which brought him into conflict with Griffin, were related to discipline and commitment. Running away to another club was never going to solve his issues. He survives purely on talent, but he's missing more and more games through poor rehab and quite likely poor commitment. You can't be a party animal and an NRL star, they are mutually exclusive.

Dave's mate

Juniors
Moylan's problems at Penrith, which brought him into conflict with Griffin, were related to discipline and commitment. Running away to another club was never going to solve his issues. He survives purely on talent, but he's missing more and more games through poor rehab and quite likely poor commitment. You can't be a party animal and an NRL star, they are mutually exclusive.
What nonsense. Many party and play very well

Pomoz

Bench
It really held back Joey,Locky,JT and Freddy
Lets not confuse having a night out with training hard. According to a few Roosters team mates, Freddy was a very dedicated trainer once he worked out he couldn't just "wing it" any more. First to training and always giving 100%. I have heard the same said about Joey Johns. I saw for myself on Caxton street one night that Lockyer liked a drink, he could barely stand up. But you don't last that long if you aren't training.hard, particularly when you are 80kgs wringing wet.

Does Moylan train hard?

Kilkenny

Coach
[QUOTE="Pomoz, post: 13675869, member: 41112"
Does Moylan train hard?[/QUOTE]

It is often commented upon how the great players really train hard and it’s reflected in there performance level’s on game day, consistency over a long period.

I don’t know, but I suspect Matt’s attitude to training is probably reflected in many way’s on his performances on the field. His attitude is not always what it should be, he can be very inconsistent and other than during his best season in 2016 the performances haven’t matched the hype or the money he is paid.

betcats

Referee
Lets not confuse having a night out with training hard. According to a few Roosters team mates, Freddy was a very dedicated trainer once he worked out he couldn't just "wing it" any more. First to training and always giving 100%. I have heard the same said about Joey Johns. I saw for myself on Caxton street one night that Lockyer liked a drink, he could barely stand up. But you don't last that long if you aren't training.hard, particularly when you are 80kgs wringing wet.

Does Moylan train hard?

He looks a bit porky right now tbh.

betcats

Referee
Andrew Johns was quite injury prone in the back end of his career as well. I'm not really familiar with the exploits off field of the others.

They really liked to party by all reports. Players doing what Joey did off field would still be very common imo, drugs would be more appealing to a lot of them than alcohol simply because alcohol is far more debilitating both short term and long term than party drugs.

franklin2323

Immortal
They really liked to party by all reports. Players doing what Joey did off field would still be very common imo, drugs would be more appealing to a lot of them than alcohol simply because alcohol is far more debilitating both short term and long term than party drugs.

Nurses paid hush money to keep his drug exploits from seeing light of day. How more wasn't made of Lockyer being with Wendell when he got his drug ban I will never know

OldPanther

Coach
He has had a blinder each time he has come up against us and no doubt will again in a few weeks if he is not out injured.

At the end of his time here he basically elected not to play, including the semi final games and he was toxic amongst the playing group who wanted him gone.

Moylan would never be welcome back here even allowing for the fact a lot of the players, coach, general manager have since moved on.

It was reported he asked to play in the finals and was denied by Griffin.

mxlegend99

Referee
Funny thing is even in shit form he has 4 try assists in his past 2 games. He was injured for a while and I think injury rehab is where he truly lets himself and his team down.

But his issues with Hook went beyond his training. Hook liked to tear the captain down infront of the team. Moylan is clearly not the type of person who responds to that sort of treatment.

Hook didnt know how to work with different personalities. So he clashed with many guys. A coach like Bennett can be a hard ass yet he knows how to work with different player types. Moylan needs a coach like him. He worked well with Boyd and also works well with Roberts.

BxTom

Bench
Funny thing is even in shit form he has 4 try assists in his past 2 games. He was injured for a while and I think injury rehab is where he truly lets himself and his team down.

But his issues with Hook went beyond his training. Hook liked to tear the captain down infront of the team. Moylan is clearly not the type of person who responds to that sort of treatment.

Hook didnt know how to work with different personalities. So he clashed with many guys. A coach like Bennett can be a hard ass yet he knows how to work with different player types. Moylan needs a coach like him. He worked well with Boyd and also works well with Roberts.
Does Hook eat babies too? FMD.

Latest posts