What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Forum Issues 2023

Nutz

Bench
@Tigerm
@Twizzle
Thought it would be better to help you out in this thread Tm to keep the other thread clear and members could benefit from this as I know many experience the same issues as you.
I've tried to message you about this problem of yours but you don't have the dm/like functions.
Are you still on duckduckgo?
If you are still using that browser it have been developed for privacy and it's hard to get it to communicate with LU.
I've noticed that the LU mobile app of mine is set up for google chrome. (I use duckduckgo with VPN for all other browsing) When I log into LU the app on my android or on a remote computer using chrome I have no issues at all. You can still log into google and adjust your privacy settings that won't effect LU.
Before we go on are you still on duckduck go and are you using Android or iPhone?
If you don't reply I'll know your computer has blown up and I'm chatting to cyberspace :D

Tigerm

First Grade
@Tigerm
@Twizzle
Thought it would be better to help you out in this thread Tm to keep the other thread clear and members could benefit from this as I know many experience the same issues as you.
I've tried to message you about this problem of yours but you don't have the dm/like functions.
Are you still on duckduckgo?
If you are still using that browser it have been developed for privacy and it's hard to get it to communicate with LU.
I've noticed that the LU mobile app of mine is set up for google chrome. (I use duckduckgo with VPN for all other browsing) When I log into LU the app on my android or on a remote computer using chrome I have no issues at all. You can still log into google and adjust your privacy settings that won't effect LU.
Before we go on are you still on duckduck go and are you using Android or iPhone?
If you don't reply I'll know your computer has blown up and I'm chatting to cyberspace :D
No I have deleted DDG now and gone back to my old web browser, atm, nothing has changed except it has my main PC on FAN only:(
I’ll get there eventually hopefully?

Tigerm

First Grade
I’m locked out (of the forum) on my main PC (pressing buttons I shouldn’t have I think), I need to wait till that’s restored before I go pressing more?
The other issue is, that sometimes it works? But I am not aware of doing anything different.

Nutz

Bench
I’m locked out (of the forum) on my main PC (pressing buttons I shouldn’t have I think), I need to wait till that’s restored before I go pressing more?
@Tigerm
Why won't you tell me if your using chrome and an android phone ha ha.
Doesn't matter, the principles are roughly the same for all operating systems and browsers so just google how to do the following in you type of browser:
In chrome
In step 5, select all time in Time range then select all squares. When you go to sign in again you will have to reenter your username and password.
Let me know if that works because there are other things you can do. To update your phone you have to tell me the type eg samsung etc. If you dont want to devulge to much info just google how to.
Picsart_23-11-03_12-37-55-836.jpg

Last edited:

Nutz

Bench
@Ned Kelly
I read where you hate turning off ad blockers in another threads.
On the other 2 weststigers forums it is also a problem, members complain all the time.
Unfortunately the adds are a way of covering costs.
Someone has bought the program and paid for any add ons like the thumbs up functions and messages.
Also they have to pay for the Server's Security Certificate every year and a couple of other things.
So a huge site like this seems to have less adds than the smaller ones and still provides us with a free forum. Happy days.
If you don't like a particular add you can click on the x at the top and select the appropriate response, this way that type of add you hate will be less reoccuring.
Also the types of sites you visit else where can reflect the type of adds you see... in my case I see hearing aids and prosthetic company's adds all the time ha ha

Tigerm

First Grade
@Tigerm
Doesn't matter, the principles are roughly the same for all operating systems and browsers so just google how to do the following in you type of browser:
In chrome
In step 5, select all time in Time range then select all squares. When you go to sign in again you will have to reenter your username and password.
Let me know if that works because there are other things you can do. To update your phone you have to tell me the type eg samsung etc. If you dont want to devulge to much info just google how to.
View attachment 81481
I’m using an old apple i phone, my PC is working, but just :) and I’ve just changed back to windows 365 ( I think, it’s thats it’s name, it’s the one I had always used, until I tried DDG. This shit is not my strong point:)

Tigerm

First Grade
I’m using an old apple i phone, my PC is working, but just :) and I’ve just changed back to windows 365 ( I think, it’s thats it’s name, it’s the one I had always used, until I tried DDG. This shit is not my strong point:)
Well @Nutz I downloaded Chrome, it appears to be working (amazing), but it’s done this before.

Tigerm

First Grade
@Tigerm
In chrome
View attachment 81481
Done, but i appear to be in a dark tunnel, with weird noises, tiger like sounds, there, there’s a light, I’m out, on the other side, thanks buddy, hahaha

Fordy20

Juniors
@Fordy20 when you say app installed on PC, I’m not sure what you mean, I downloaded the site from the web, I am not aware of an app?

I use Firefox on my PC at home. I don't have Chrome installed, but like most Windows PCs, it comes with Microsoft Edge installed. With Edge, you can install any website as an app. This gives you an option to create a shortcut on your taskbar/desktop that opens the website in Edge.

I figured by taking this route, it would save me from installing Chrome. Now that you'd installed Chrome, you probably don't need to bother.

Nutz

Bench
Well @Nutz I downloaded Chrome, it appears to be working (amazing), but it’s done this before.
Hope I'm not insulting your intelligence TM but it should work on your Android phone if you install chrome on it and do the 3 updates:
1. Phone update. Go to settings (wheel cog symbol) and scroll all the way down and click on software update then "download and install"
If the is a system update then download and install it...the phone will restart and after a while it will be ready to go.
2. Tap on google playstore icon and tap on your account icon at the top right. Tap on manage apps and device and click on any updates that are there.
3. Tap on samsung galaxy store click on menu at the bottom thenthe updates button.
Restart phone again.
4. Your mobile should have a device care button in your system tray, or homescreen where you can tap on memory and clear cache as well. I do this after every update to avoid apps from crashing or lagging. If you can't find it let me know.
If your having trouble with a particular app you can go to settings, then click on Apps, find the application, click on storage then clear cache.
There's a few other things like disabling ad blockers for LU and ensuring notifications is allowed.
Let me know if you have any further problems.
P.S. If your computer or phone has important stuff on it, you should back your phone up to either google/cloud or an ssd.

Nutz

Bench
@Tigerm
Sorry TM, just saw your not using Android. The principals are the same, just google how to do what I said previously for your apple :]
You can also drag a program icon from your files to the desktop if you don't want to use phone.
I like the phone because I can catch up with you guys when I'm out and about.

Ned Kelly

Juniors
@Ned Kelly
I read where you hate turning off ad blockers in another threads.
On the other 2 weststigers forums it is also a problem, members complain all the time.
Unfortunately the adds are a way of covering costs.
Someone has bought the program and paid for any add ons like the thumbs up functions and messages.
Also they have to pay for the Server's Security Certificate every year and a couple of other things.
So a huge site like this seems to have less adds than the smaller ones and still provides us with a free forum. Happy days.
If you don't like a particular add you can click on the x at the top and select the appropriate response, this way that type of add you hate will be less reoccuring.
Also the types of sites you visit else where can reflect the type of adds you see... in my case I see hearing aids and prosthetic company's adds all the time ha ha
I don't know where you read I hate turning off ad blockers in other threads because
1 I don't know how to turn off add blockers.
2 I understand this forum gets revenue from advertisements.

I do appreciate the tip of clicking on the x if I don't like an ad. Never hear of that before.

I downloaded chrome and it didn't make any difference.

Considering all the insanity happening around the world at the moment this is a minor issue.

Huge congrats to Tigerm on getting it to work.

Latest posts