What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Forward pass penalties

Robster

Bench
NOw this is one dissapointing feature which can piss you off alot, deliberate forward pass's, this is a silly feature that sidhe included, next version hopefully leave it out, it puzzles me why they included cause i'v neva seen a player in realilty get penalised for that, apart from that and the loads of sin bins the games great. 7/10

***MH***

Bench
Robster said:
NOw this is one dissapointing feature which can piss you off alot, deliberate forward pass's, this is a silly feature that sidhe included, next version hopefully leave it out, it puzzles me why they included cause i'v neva seen a player in realilty get penalised for that, apart from that and the loads of sin bins the games great. 7/10
i've penelised plenty for that.... it does happen!

ripper

I mean who would throw a deliberate foward pass. Theres more of those then "accindental" foward passes in this

***MH***

Bench
Dragon Fanatic said:
Mighty Heighty, Your not an NRL ref are you?
not yet, im only 19.... gonna join the development squad next year then make my way through junior reps, then to jim beam cup and so on......

MadEaglesFan

Juniors
pepstar87 said:
Is the game getting released today Australia wide or in just some certain areas?

I've heard some people mention that gameswizards and couple other stores arent releasing them yet but i just called EB Hurstville and they said its available today. So it might only be EB stores. Im getting mine in about 30mins.

Razor

Coach
Why shouldn't it be in?

The receiver is off-side so of course it should be a penalty.

It is penalised during real matches, but not as often as it should be. Usually only once a week.

nibbs

Bench
I've never seen this happen in a real life game of league. What exactly is a deliberate foward pass??? No one deliberatly passes it foward. That would be silly...

Razor

Coach
nibbletjones said:
I've never seen this happen in a real life game of league. What exactly is a deliberate foward pass??? No one deliberatly passes it foward. That would be silly...

A deliberate forward pass is where the receiver is in front of the passer, when the ball was passed. In otherwords offside. If the player knocked it on, kicked it, or anything and the same player took the ball it will be a penalty.

And the refs do actually penalise it occasionally in the NRL, not as much as the should. They penalise it a lot in the lower grades.

budz

Juniors
As i have said in some other threads, you have to make sure that you arent pressing forward when you are passing it from dummy half. Because even while the ball is in the air if you press forward the ball can float forwards which kinda sucks. Im sure there wont be any deliberate forward passes if you dont do that.

Razor

Coach
budz said:
Im sure there wont be any deliberate forward passes if you dont do that.

I haven't thrown one forward pass from dummy half.

I've thrown several deliberate forward passes though when I was throwing it out onto the wing. One pass I threw went 20 metres forward, but that was in the middle of the field, a Matt Parsons pass.