What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Forwards

Cryptic

Juniors
If we don't sign some big note forward for next year we are f**ked... In fact with our injury tolls, not just this year but EVERY year, we need at least three... We don't have a single forward who can do sh*t except Tongue and he is being let down big time by having zero support out there...

Bay56

First Grade
Cryptic this club needs to spend big on a number of players ...

... we've just let our most potent forward go for what is reported to be and ask of $150K ... I'm not sure how much we paid for Smith but if the reported $200K a season is true and we knocked back Weyman for $50K less I'd say someone in management should hand his resignation come Monday morn.

Winston Smith

Juniors
If we don't sign some big note forward for next year we are f**ked... In fact with our injury tolls, not just this year but EVERY year, we need at least three... We don't have a single forward who can do sh*t except Tongue and he is being let down big time by having zero support out there...

I don't think Tongue should be excluded from the sh*t description of our players at the moment. He is way off his game.

Winston Smith

Juniors
Cryptic this club needs to spend big on a number of players ...

... we've just let our most potent forward go for what is reported to be and ask of $150K ... I'm not sure how much we paid for Smith but if the reported $200K a season is true and we knocked back Weyman for $50K less I'd say someone in management should hand his resignation come Monday morn.

If thats true, I agree 100%. Weyman may not have shown his ability consistently but he was at least occasionally capable of doing more than nearly any other of our forwards.

I actually think a change could do him the world of good. I'm hoping a couple of years under Bennett will knock the garbage out of his game and then he'll be homesick for the Raiders. :)

Cryptic

Juniors
Yes but he still knows how to tackle and hold on to the f**king ball... He puts in an effort and gets something happening on the go forward... He has all the basics there which is more than I can say for the rest of the team... I think you will find that the only reason he has been a bit lower on the stats the last two years is Henry... He did much better when he was filling Withers spot today than he did when in lock so you can only assume that moving away from the game plan helps him and that, for whatever reason, we aren't giving him the ball enough... I really don't think Henry's styles suits Tongue's, even when Henry was trying... Now... I just hope we allow Tongue to have more of a free reign on the field which I think would see a lot more of the Tongue of 2005 come back into it...

azza

Juniors
The thing that really sh*ts me is we had a good forward pack a few seasons ago... now it stinks, along with our outside backs which have stunk for a lot longer.

Cryptic

Juniors
I'm actually not so worried about our backs... If we keep 50% of them fit it's fine... Even more so after seeing the Toyota Cup a few weeks running... Dugan is a god... I don't think I've ever been as impressed with a young player as I am with him ATM (yet again this week exceptional getting out of the in-goal area and awesome work with the winning try)... If we were coached by someone who could count to 20 then he would be in the side next week..

Mal Meninga

Bench
The biggest insult to the club... Elliot always had dominant pack that could tackle... Neil Henry/Dave Furner absolutely nothing.

Macko8

Juniors
This club needs to sign at least 3 forwards for next season.

You cant rely on the likes of picker,tilse and co to dominate the experienced and aggressive packs in the NRL.

If logan stays around for next year i will be very very pissed off.