What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Foundation jersey

God-King Dean

Immortal
quote]
i think clubs are actually allowed to wear one 'one off' strip per year. ie dragons and anzac jersey, etc.
exceptions obviosly made to tigers this yr to allow both tigers and magpies 80's jersey's to be worn[/quote]

Does that include Charity shield?

j_tig

Juniors
Immortal said:
quote]
i think clubs are actually allowed to wear one 'one off' strip per year. ie dragons and anzac jersey, etc.
exceptions obviosly made to tigers this yr to allow both tigers and magpies 80's jersey's to be worn

Does that include Charity shield?[/quote]
sorry should have clarified further, i think the ruling is only for the regular season. this isnt anything concrete, just something i heard

bartman

Immortal
Bomber said:
Perhaps this idea should be saved for the 2007 season - the 100th season of rugby league in Australia.

And although it has no real connection, perhaps the strips of Newtown, Glebe and Cumberland (all foundation clubs in Sydney) could be resurrected for the occasion.

The Warriors could wear an 'All-Golds' jersey to commemorate the 100th anniversary of the first test matches between Australia and NZ, although I would bet that there would be a special test match anway, with Australia wearing the traditional maroon and sky blue to boot.

Someone's talking sense :clap:

Immortal said:
Reading through the '80's jersey' thread I was thinking about what other types of retro jerseys could be worn.

I think it would be a good idea to do a Foundation jersey' week, were each club would wear their initial jersey eg. Souths 1908 (has it even changed?), Cowboys 1995, Broncos 1988 eg.

What you think?

You should wear your '79 jersey the last time you won a comp.

God-King Dean

Immortal
Roosters Grim Reaper said:
Immortal said:
Reading through the '80's jersey' thread I was thinking about what other types of retro jerseys could be worn.

I think it would be a good idea to do a Foundation jersey' week, were each club would wear their initial jersey eg. Souths 1908 (has it even changed?), Cowboys 1995, Broncos 1988 eg.

What you think?

You should wear your '79 jersey the last time you won a comp.

Oh are we talking about ST.GEORGE Dragons are we, ok. You should count how many Premierships you are about St>george :lol: