What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fox need more variety

Perth Red

Post Whore
3 x nrl360 and 2 x Matty johns shows plus stereo all with the same people regurgitated has not worked well Imo. Needs a couple of different shows with different people. Maybe a 30min roast style show with some controversy and world of RL show showing stuff from around the world would be a better mix.

Monday Matty johns - johns, Tallis, Hindmarsh and fletcher
Tuesday NRL360
Wednesday world of RL voss, mascord and Steve McNamara inc RL Roast vossy,mg, Dell and Gould
Thursday extended Sterlo show with full preview of weekend ahead, Sterlo, gasnier plus 2 guests

Last edited:

Johnny88

Juniors
Id like to see a Andrew Voss show. Mabe next season they seem to change it up every year.

Haffa

To say it hasn't worked is unfair. It's improved on the last few years.

They coul add a show or two more but I like what they've done so far.

typicalfan

Coach
They should have more classic matches. Maybe say 1 each for each corresponding game leading up to the weekend.

byrner

Juniors
I think it is working perfectly. A lot of cross promotion between the shows. All a good watch.

What are the ratings?

I don't get the time to watch the shows during the week.

What's are the format of the shows? Matty Johns show I take would be like Fox's version of TFS? What about NRL360, is there more in depth analysis of the game?

TheRam

Coach
I have loved all the shows this year. But a Voss led show could be a great addition if done right and the right side kicks brought in. Del would not be one of them. Useless is understating it.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Problem is they all tend to talk about exactly the same thing and as it's pretty much the same people on each show it is just far too repetitive. MJ show on Monday and Sterlo are the pick of the bunch, nrl360 I can watch once but don't bother with other two nights and don't bother with the Thursday Matty johns show as often just the same things that were discussed tues-thurs. I do agree it is a big improvement on previous years and at least they are trying to come up with 7 day nrl content.

Part of the problem was one of the big wigs at Fox decided that for branding purposes, the NRL shows should mirror the ones used on the Fox Footy Channel (i.e. AFL). That is how we wound up with NRL 360 being on 3 nights a week, and Sterlo (which was probably the best preview show on any network) turned into "Sterlo on the Couch". When they did that, that is how we wound up with Matty John's Big Weekend coming into existence to be the round's preview show.

Brutus

Referee
3 x nrl360 and 2 x Matty johns shows plus stereo all with the same people regurgitated has not worked well Imo. Needs a couple of different shows with different people. Maybe a 30min roast style show with some controversy and world of RL show showing stuff from around the world would be a better mix.

Monday Matty johns - johns, Tallis, Hindmarsh and fletcher
Tuesday NRL360
Wednesday world of RL voss, mascord and Steve McNamara inc RL Roast vossy,mg, Dell and Gould
Thursday extended Sterlo show with full preview of weekend ahead, Sterlo, gasnier plus 2 guests

Good post.

Girdler needs a start on one of the shows. Voss is a must to host a show.

I like your World of RL idea.

Less Tallis and no Dell please.

The best RL show on tele atm is the Matty Johns Monday night one.

Last edited:

LeagueXIII

First Grade
They should have more classic matches. Maybe say 1 each for each corresponding game leading up to the weekend.

Sterol should do a show completely on ex players separate from on the coach, like he did with raudonikis.

Would love to see him interview Roy masters.

Johnny88

Juniors
I imagine if in the next tv deal Fox gets simulcast rights we have a 24 hr NRL channel with alot more shows. Both Matty shows rate well. Sterlo has dropped off and 360 I rarely see in the top 10 pay tv shows. Monday Matty gets a good lead in from MNF which helps its cause.

carlosthedwarf

First Grade
get rid of Kent and Hooper

No one calls him on their bullshit which is the most annoying part. Can't help themselves being scum journos

NRL 360 keeps having the same coaches too

It's the same half a dozen blokes every week

Legends night - Billy Moore and Kevin Walters
Coaches night - Toovey and Kevin Walters
Players night - Braith and Benji

The comment about them all talking about the same thing is the real problem, if you watch them all you know the topics and what they're going to say. And because it's the same voices it's always the same.

Perth Red

Post Whore
I don't mind Gasnier for game analysis and preview but not for opinion chat. Kent makes me laugh the way he talks about stuff like he is an authority and half the time has his facts totally wrong, sadly Ikin knows no better so cant pull him up on it.

Brutus

Referee
I don't mind Gasnier for game analysis and preview but not for opinion chat. Kent makes me laugh the way he talks about stuff like he is an authority and half the time has his facts totally wrong, sadly Ikin knows no better so cant pull him up on it.

James Hooper is the same.

Big tough man voice.