What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

FOX SPORTS COMMENTARY- "What has gone wrong with the Dragons?"

giboz71

First Grade
I don't think there will be much hiding from the media much longer. Every year it's always 1 or 2 that are in their sights (and Brennan has already been sacked). That leaves just Mary. Dean Pay doesn't really count because the Dogs roster is so woeful and the fact he only signed for an extra year. He doesn't have 5 Origin players like Mary has.

Griffin was pretty much sacked by the media weeks before it actually happened. Once the momentum starts, it's pretty tough to stop.

possm

Coach
Mary won’t quit, he’d never put the club first. Otherwise he would have quit before this season.
The momentum is gathering and Mary will take his golden handshake and not look back. The problem is, who will they replace him with?

Wittenberg

Juniors
We can blame media pals like Hooper and bleat on about Mary, but the real villains are Johnston and the Board. No guts, no vision and no plan. I don’t blame Mary for trying to hang on, it is his livelihood after all, but I do blame the ‘leaders’ of our club. We used to have one of the most recognisable and marketable clubs in this country. Players wanted to wear our kit. Not any more. TPAs ? No. Players & coaches lining up to come to us? No. Attracting quality coaching candidates? Apparently no. A club leadership that possesses initiative, planning and a vision to move our club forward? No. Does 2020 promise to be different? No.

giboz71

First Grade
We can blame media pals like Hooper and bleat on about Mary, but the real villains are Johnston and the Board. No guts, no vision and no plan. I don’t blame Mary for trying to hang on, it is his livelihood after all, but I do blame the ‘leaders’ of our club. We used to have one of the most recognisable and marketable clubs in this country. Players wanted to wear our kit. Not any more. TPAs ? No. Players & coaches lining up to come to us? No. Attracting quality coaching candidates? Apparently no. A club leadership that possesses initiative, planning and a vision to move our club forward? No. Does 2020 promise to be different? No.

Yep, it's not Mary's fault. If I got given a high paying, high profile role that I wasn't qualified for, of course I would take it. Most people would, he needs a livelihood like the rest of us. Same goes for Hornby and Young who are equally not qualified.

The fools that appointed him and the rest of his clueless staff are the ones to blame.

FlameThrower

Bench
Ch10 sports reporter Emma Lawrence was saying ‘fans calling for coach’s head’ to which Mary replied, ‘that’s ok, put focus on me and away from the team’

Crush

Coach
Yep, it's not Mary's fault. If I got given a high paying, high profile role that I wasn't qualified for, of course I would take it. Most people would, he needs a livelihood like the rest of us. Same goes for Hornby and Young who are equally not qualified.

The fools that appointed him and the rest of his clueless staff are the ones to blame.
I actually wouldn't take it.
I knocked back a promotion with more money recently because I didn't feel I could do the position justice and felt under qualified.
Imagine the pressure McGregor feels now. Screw that.

tumbidragon

First Grade
Say what you will about Mary...He definitely had connections! It's been kiddie gloves since day dot with him.