What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fox Sports Rumour

In-goal

Bench
Rumour states that Foxs Sports are about to give the nod for the return of live Rugby Super League matches from the U.K.

Has anyone heard anything?

Corbin

Juniors
i heard the the same thing a while ago i hope its true i cant wait to see the french play in 2006

Tidus_Raider

Bench
It would be a step in the right direction. The quality of footy in the ESL is ever-improving and I like the idea of watching players like Fielden and MacGuire on a weekly basis.

DIEHARD

----
I heard this rumour from a bloke called In-goal.

I hope it's true. I find it annoying to watch week old RSL games that you already know the result of.

ali

Bench
I hope its true. I love watching it, but Friday arvo whilst I am at work is not an ideal time. As the games are usually a week old, the motivation to tape them tends to be not so high these days.

Broncodroid

Juniors
I will sit on this rumour, very much a step in the right direction from FOX SPORTS if this rumour turns out to be true. I would take it a step further, give us some live action and REPLAY ALL UK SL games for the League addict who can tape the games to fill in the time and actually get a full appreciation of the competition ;-)

I have sent an email to FOX SPORTS asking for some type of confirmation or truth to the rumour. IF I get a reply, I will forward to you all in this thread.

carlnz

Bench
SKY TV (NZ) Has just signed a contract so NZ can watch live Super League...this will be a first since 1999 i think?!

Charge

Juniors
Broncodroid said:
I will sit on this rumour, very much a step in the right direction from FOX SPORTS if this rumour turns out to be true. I would take it a step further, give us some live action and REPLAY ALL UK SL games for the League addict who can tape the games to fill in the time and actually get a full appreciation of the competition ;-)

I have sent an email to FOX SPORTS asking for some type of confirmation or truth to the rumour. IF I get a reply, I will forward to you all in this thread.

All UK SL games? :eek: We only get 2 every week in the UK.

bartman

Immortal
Yeah, you can only watch 2 per week (occasionly 3) on TV in the UK, so I'd imagine that will limit the amount of ESL coverage that Fox can bring into Australia.

JK

Only 2 :shock: :evil:

We get every game, every week. 2 are on free to air TV.

That is what happens when TV interests have a financial stake in the game.

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
SKY TV (NZ) Has just signed a contract so NZ can watch live Super League...this will be a first since 1999 i think?!

The Warriors have a dud season and Sky still reaches for the wallet. What a good sign.

yakstorm

First Grade
NZ is fortunate to have a team in both the NRL (Warriors) and Super League (Bulls), good to see Sky put its support behind the more 'northern' of the two clubs ;)

Seriously though this is good news and is showing both a growing interest in League, and a growing standard in the English Super League.

Tidus_Raider

Bench
Kohe Love, Hape, Vainikolo, Vagana, Swann, Robbie Paul. 6 kiwis that play for the Bulls.

Didn't they bring in a rule that said you could have a maximum of 3 or so overseas footballers playing for any UK club?

alexisUK

Juniors
Swann's moved to Warrington; Robbie Paul goes by an old rule no longer in force that once you've been playing for 5 years in the UK you no longer count on the quota; Kohe-Love is under the same rule I think; Vainikolo is a Kolpak player as far as I know: he doesn't count because the EU have an agreement with some South Sea Islands about work permits meaning he doesn't count on the quota. That leaves Michael Withers as well as Hape and Vagana. Not sure if it is 3 or 4 players on the quota thought. It was 4 last year and I don't remember it being reduced but I may be wrong.

Latest posts