What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Foxtel..hmmm

Only 2 games on a saturday nite is really ticking me off. plus we have lots the viewers choice..ref sound..crowd sound and camera views..hmmm..dont want to leave the pub at 9:15 instead of 11..grrrrrrrrrrr

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
I love morons going off half-cocked.

Viewers choice - only happens when two Sat 7:30pm games are scheduled. Only offers the choice of which game to watch.

Live & Active - applies usually to the 5:30pm match (last night being Dragons v Cowboys).

This weekend the FINA World C'ships meant the Storm Warriors game had to be moved to Sunday.

Next week will see two Sat 7:30pm games as well as the Live & active 5:30pm.

Timmah

Staff member
The scheduling was sh*thouse by the NRL.

Storm Warriors should've been a Nein game.

brooksy19

Bench
We all know they do it 6 weeks in advance.. Its round 3, so they were just guessing.

But we can thank News Ltd's ownership for that... Yep Super League was great.

Timmah

Staff member
It's rolled out actually brooksy, at one point we'll know 11 weeks in advance.

We currently know as far as R9. By midweek we'll know Rounds 10-11 and after that 12-13.

Timmah

Staff member
Ideal would be doing it the AFL way - full season ahead of time.

t-ba

Post Whore
Timmah said:
Ideal would be doing it the AFL way - full season ahead of time.

Won't happen as long as half the board is appointed by the games PTV broadcaster...

Timmah

Staff member
Exactly right...

But in that vain, how does it benefit them not knowing a full year ahead?

t-ba

Post Whore
Timmah said:
Exactly right...

But in that vain, how does it benefit them not knowing a full year ahead?

I have no idea to be honest, as it seems that cable RL rates its pants off regardless of the match, but that'd be their logic. Some guy at a Fox Studios office is probably feeding match results into some arcane machine to come up with the FoxSports schedule.

nqboy

First Grade
Timmah said:
I love morons going off half-cocked.

Viewers choice - only happens when two Sat 7:30pm games are scheduled. Only offers the choice of which game to watch.

Live & Active - applies usually to the 5:30pm match (last night being Dragons v Cowboys).

This weekend the FINA World C'ships meant the Storm Warriors game had to be moved to Sunday.

Next week will see two Sat 7:30pm games as well as the Live & active 5:30pm.
I only just got Live and Active switched on. I wasn't that impressed actually, slow to load, hard to navigate, not particularly useful IMO.

Timmah said:
The scheduling was sh*thouse by the NRL.

Storm Warriors should've been a Nein game.

I agree that this is clearly the match of the round but i dont blame nine in the slightest for not broadcasting it. Two out of sydney team would draw a very poor tv crowd into sydney.

Timmah

Staff member
I'd be glued to it if I had Fox at work :lol:

bear56

Juniors
Holla if ya hear me said:
Only 2 games on a saturday nite is really ticking me off. plus we have lots the viewers choice..ref sound..crowd sound and camera views..hmmm..dont want to leave the pub at 9:15 instead of 11..grrrrrrrrrrr
I'd rather look at you than the footy,Holla,if thats what you really look like.

Latest posts