What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Foxtel IQ box/Remote

AusKnightRKO

First Grade
Anyone have issues with the box picking up the remote, it takes me about 20 pushes each time to get anything, this is my second remote, new Batteries, it is absolutely infuriating.

Loose Cannon

Bench
Try hitting the foxtel button first. Probably not the answer, but when there is no response it is because the AV button has been hit. Possibly that simple. Good luck.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Just a long shot but do you have one of those sound bars in front of your TV, if they are in front of the remote sensor on the TV they cause issues with your remote's operation.

Headless Chook

Juniors
I have had this very same problem. It started with remote taking an eternity to change channels then things went downhill from there. After that the rewind, recording and playback features wouldn't work at all. It's def the box, not your remote.

As a quick fix I unplugged the box for an hour or so. Seemed to do the trick.

However, it still plays up every now and then. Time to call Foxtel and get the box replaced.

Lambretta

First Grade
Try to make sure you're standing in the same room as the foxtel box when using the remote

Anyone have issues with the box picking up the remote, it takes me about 20 pushes each time to get anything, this is my second remote, new Batteries, it is absolutely infuriating.

This happened to me recently and had to get the box replaced !...

The installer told me that they are using refurbished boxes but put a new one in for me and he said they are getting heaps of complaints about this !. I reckon this is your issue bro...the installers get charged for returning boxes without trying to fix them first and are ripping the customers off big time.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
I had the same issue in reverse a few yars back.

The new IQ boxes were shit, went through about 3 of them and got a reco one and never had an issue since.

Parra

Referee
I had the same issues being described. I bought a non-fox remote, one of those programmable ones. Problem solved.

Only issue is the occasional random mute or on other occasions the sound disappears from HD channels.

I have had problems where I would press a button and fox would do something completely different. Like push the volume button and iq starts rewinding, or changing a channel and the volume goes up. Foxtel sent me this sticker to put over the infrared receiver on the box and it fixed it.

Lambretta

First Grade
I want to state for the record that my IQ works as does my remote

(obvious brag post is obvious)

First Grade
I have had problems where I would press a button and fox would do something completely different. Like push the volume button and iq starts rewinding, or changing a channel and the volume goes up. Foxtel sent me this sticker to put over the infrared receiver on the box and it fixed it.
I had the same problem as the original post when I got my first IQ2 box and foxtel sent me the little sticker to put over the infra red receiver on the box and it fixed it up straight away, they said something about the light in the room was a long life bulb and had the same properties a s a fluoro and messes with the receiver.

Lambretta

First Grade
Bit off topic, but if you are having problems with the remote etc the IQ3 launches Monday. Has a Bluetooth remote so that will fix any line of sight issues plus a few other features

http://www.foxtel.com.au/c/iq3.html

This could be awesome

I can take the remote into another room and piss off the kids by changing the channel on them when I'm not even in the room.

Oh I want one...

ek999

First Grade
This could be awesome

I can take the remote into another room and piss off the kids by changing the channel on them when I'm not even in the room.

Oh I want one...

Well I will let you know how I go because Foxtel just gave me one for free because I complained that had I known it was coming so soon after I signed up I would of held off on signing up until it was available.

No kids but I'm always happy to annoy the wife...

Latest posts