What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

France vs Kiwis

RLIF

Juniors
http://www.rugbyleaguenz.com/index.php?Page_ID=2&News_ID=1868

French take aim at Kiwis after whitewash

France are preparing to pile more misery on New Zealand's woeful centenary tour of Europe after the tricolours completed a clean sweep of rugby league Tests against Papua New Guinea.

A contentious no-try call by an in-goal judge against Kumuls lock Charlie Wabo helped the French to a gripping 22-16 win over Adrian Lam's side at Stade Andre Mosa yesterday.

The French minister for sport will be special guest at Paris' Stade Jean Bouin this weekend as John Monie's side tries to inflict the Kiwis' fifth consecutive test loss on tour, including the 58-0 flogging by Australia in Wellington.

"We've put together a pretty good side in the last couple of years," said former Wigan and Parramatta boss Monie.

"The shape of the side's changed, they're big, they're strong and most of them are pretty fit at the moment. We're happy with how we're going.

"Any time you can get big scalp like Australia, New Zealand and Great Britain is a feather in anyone's cap but at this stage I think they're probably a step ahead of us."

French captain Julien Rinaldi said his men were looking forward to playing one of the giants of world rugby league but felt Gary Kemble's side might be vulnerable.

"Definitely we will have to improve, it's another level up from today," the Harlequins half said.

"But we're not at 100 per cent of how we can play.

"It will be big for all the players to play some of the best players in the world but we saw with the Kiwis against Great Britain that they're not playing really well.

"That will give us hope that we can do something next weekend."

Lam, meanwhile, said it had been an arduous tour for the Kumuls, who were also flogged 50-10 by Wales.

"We've been travelling so much I feel like a rock star," the newly-installed Sydney Roosters assistant said.

". . .only without the one good bit, the celebration after the show."

Great to see mainstream coverage for this Test Match. These sort of stories just chip away at the mindset that there is no sort of thing as international Rugby League

SouthsvsNRL

Juniors
The French will go close if it's a narrow wet track....

The Kiwi's will have to drop a lot of ball and the home NZ crowd will bring them home.

Sorry this may be a bit of the topic but I guess would ask anyway, what happened to Isaac Luke, the Hooker from Souths? I thought he was picked in the squad? Surely he would have made the touring party at least or hae I missed somethig?