What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Frank Endacott Takes Out The Goose Of The Year Award

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
typical comments designed by an englishman for the english media

yell them what they want to hear

:blahb: :blahb:

gunnamatta bay

Referee
Fairleigh Good! said:
Willie Tonga's not another Kiwi in a Kangaroo costume surely?

Can Australia not produce its own talent anymore?

OMG. A pommie asking a question such as this? :lol:

t-ba

Post Whore
Fairleigh Good! said:

This from a Nation who rings in the Welsh and the Irish to marginally improve their prospects :lol:

hrundi99

First Grade
Taiwan RL fan said:
Lockyer probably won't be there to carry you this year. Go on. pick Phil Bailey again!!! Please!!!!!!!
Jeez the GB forwards are going to be so scared of Trent Waterhouse and boofhead Mason....Pick that Timmins guys as well. he defines the word average.

Barrett will be crocked and Danny Maguire will make a monkey of whoever you pick instead. maybe even Finch will get a run :lol:

The only world class players you have left are Buderus, Fitzgibbon and Webke, assuming K. Hunt is considered too young. Lets hope all 13 of your boys play for 80 mins and don't 'stop rowing' (so to speak)

"Folks are dumb where I come from"

ibeme

First Grade
It seems Frank's comments have gotten everyone talking about the tri-series, and everybody thinks their side has a genuine chance of winning it. It's a very healthy situation to be in as far as I can tell.

How does that make him the goose of the year?

_Johnsy

Referee
In-goal

Are you serious, look at the injuries we had last series and tell me if "Johns and maybe Jamie Lyon" were the only players who were not available. :lol: :lol:

You accuse us of ignorance to the game in GB, but your true level of ignorance is at intergallactic proportions. You will not win the series, you just dont have the players.

In-goal

Bench
In-goal

Are you serious, look at the injuries we had last series and tell me if "Johns and maybe Jamie Lyon" were the only players who were not available.

You accuse us of ignorance to the game in GB, but your true level of ignorance is at intergallactic proportions. You will not win the series, you just dont have the players.

In all honesty i'll name the starting side you tell me on last seasons form who else should have gone.

1. Lockyer
2. Lewis
3. Bailey(even i question that)
4. Devere played for them again this year
5. Tahu
6. Gower
7. Kimorley (man of the series)
13. Luke Ricketson
12. Fitzgibon
11. Crocker i think
10. Webcke
9. Buderus
8. Kearns (has played quite a few tests.

See "In Goal" is actaully a Pom who has an axe to grind with me.

The Poms have come up with a million different reasons why last years side was our strongest possible lineup.

The fact is...

Criag Gowerwas playing 5/8th!
Craig Wing aplyed in the centers!
Phil Bailey....possibly the worst center Australia has ever had!
Willie Mason didnt deserve to Tour.
Brett Kimmorley wasnt the best form halfback avalible.
Darren Smith walked in off the street and got a run!
Form players like Campbell, Lewis, Rooney and Clinton either wernt selected, or spent the Tour watching games from the sidelines.

The list goes on and on.

Still...atleast it allowed this one Pommy whimp to try and have a dig at me.
:roll:

As for the person that said Tonga doesnt LOOK Australia! My goodness......what does an Australian look like. Also, how long is a piece of string?

See...this Pommy whimp is probably one of these p*ss weak little whingers Ive crushed on RLFans or TRL.

After realising I'd trashed the normal name he or she uses...they have then decided to change names and try to start me again.

How pathetic.

The fact is Endacott has caught on to the oldest rule in British Rugby League.

Tell them what they want to hear.....and you will get a well paying job.

A bunch of ignorant fool who dont like to accept facts and HATE hearing a few home truths...even when its in regards to their decades worth of failure at test level.

nospam49

In-goal

Bench
I couldn't care less as to the views of that Kiwi or you for that matter Freaky this weekend i will be attending 2 matches unlike your good self who may see a half on TV.

It's been well documented that you don't realy like going to the games, as people that may have acual knowledge about the sport may also be on hand.

Anonymous

Juniors
t-ba the hutt said:
Fairleigh Good! said:

This from a Nation who rings in the Welsh and the Irish to marginally improve their prospects :lol:

Not quite right. England isn't actually a country. Scotland, Northern Ireland, Wales and England are all "states" (dunno what the official term for them would be) of the United Kingdom of Great Britain (the country). So they are perfectly entitled to play as Great Britain, and are actually selling themselves short (in theory) by ever separating. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Thierry Henry said:
t-ba the hutt said:
Fairleigh Good! said:

Not quite right. England isn't actually a country. Scotland, Northern Ireland, Wales and England are all "states" (dunno what the official term for them would be) of the United Kingdom of Great Britain (the country). So they are perfectly entitled to play as Great Britain, and are actually selling themselv

There is ALOT of different opinions from British people themselves on this issue.

The thing is....."Great Britain and Ireland" will be playing in the Tri Series, not England. People just shorten it to "Great Britian" so its not a mouthfull to say! :)

t-ba

Post Whore
Precisely. A Scot is a Scot first and a Brit Second. An Englishman is an Englishman first and a Brit second

They consider themselves "Home Nations". Considering how highly you rate your intelligence, I'm suprised you didn't know that the side GB & I consists of 2 countries and 4 home nations....So not only are they betraying tradition, but they are ringing in another nation.

And in the other major team sports, England plays as "England", Wales as "Wales", Northern Ireland and the Republic as "Ireland" and Scotland as "Scotland". The Political organisation of the British Isles doesn't affect this in the slightest.

Do you know how long Great Britian has played as a test side?

Do you know how many other major competition Great Britain takes part in?

Why whinge about it? Its not an issue. Australia will play New Zealand and Great Britian.....its been like that since Adam was a boy!

screeny

Bench
Fellas, learn your history - and I'm not talking about hisotry of the British Isles. This topic has been done to death endlessly. The HNs are countries, thanks.

However, my point is about GB. First of all England became GB in the early 1950s, although many in Oz still calls GB 'England' in RL terms (essentially they're right!).

But GB was GB thanks to the RU ban on RL spreading its net throughout the British Isles. With that ban in place there was no way for RL to spread naturally through Wales, Scotland and Ireland, or even through 90% of England for that matter.

But alot of HNs rugby players 'went north' to get an honest wage from playing rugby and were consequently banned for life by the RFU. So, with all these HNs players plyign their trade in the RL enclave the RFL changed the name to GB or risk alientating some of the code's best and brightest superstars.

What would you rather they'd have done, stuck to England just because the RFU's villainous policy of persecution and victimisation was biting them hard? Or use the best resources available to them to represent the British Isles.

It'd have been a different story if the damned RFU hadn't imposed this century long ban, but they did, so blame them.

Latest posts