What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Frank Pritchard

choc_soldier

Coach
All the talk of late has been of Sonny Bill Williams about the next big thing in the NRL. I think most of it has been warranted.

However, on the next rung down is a fellow by the name of Frank Pritchard. The last couple of seasons have shown potential, albeit punctuated by injury.

But if he can stay on the park for a big chunk of this year, I believe he is he is going to have a HUGE season, and will be one of the hitmen of the NRL. There has been some talk already about how special this guy is, and I think 2005 will truly show that.

I can see "The Tank" coming off the bench after the "Hair Bears" have terrorised the opposition for the opening periods of the game. And I am loving what I am imagining.

Also, he will play for the Kiwis this year. I think he is a superstar in the making.

What do you guys think?

mightypanther

Juniors

Frank has bulked up big time too. I saw him at their last training session
before the Xmas break, and I have seen him training a few times since
they came back, and he has put on a LOT.

But it's not fat.......it's bulk. And he's still growing in height too. He was
standing near Tony the other day, and I tell you what, if he keeps growing
and filling out much more, he could overtake the Big T in size before too long.

Actually most of the 1st grade guys look like they have bulked up a lot since
the end of last season, especially Clinton, Ross, Tony, Pritchard and even
House. And Benny and Swain are chomping at the bit to get back into it,
I reckon both of them will be on fire early on because they have both missed
out on so much.

Oh BTW, I asked Joe how Maybelle was, and he said she's doing really well
and that she has about 8 weeks to go before the new baby is due to be born.
I hope when the bub is finally born that he or she doesn't distract Dad too
much from his footy... :D

Big Mick

Referee
I think Pritchard will be our Best Player this season.

If he and Rossy were available at the end of last year, we would have been pushing for the competition.

This season, if he stays out of injury problem, and that should be available now he's put on a bit of muscle, he'll be our best by far and I think will be starting by the end of the year.

I can't understand why Waterhouse would put on, If anything he needs to strip down to handle the Lock position.

I still see House as a second rower. IMagine him and Puletua starting. Then after 25-30 min, putting Galuvao and Pritchard on. I'm salavating over that.

mightypanther

Juniors

What I meant by putting on, is that House looked stronger (more muscly),
and I'm not sure what's wrong with that.

Satts had one of the most muscly and powerful bodies going around, and
had big legs and a very big chest and biceps and I didn't see that stopping
him from handling the lock position.

I would have thought that if anything the lock spot needed a bloke with a
very strong physique (such as Satts and Priddis), as they need to do a lot
of tackling on big forwards as well as the smaller backs.

Caged Panther

First Grade
funny you should mention that the players have put on MP article in the sunday telegraphs says most of penriths fowards have put on between 2kg and 6kg. Joel is up to 114kg and wants to get to 115kg for round 1.

mightypanther

Juniors

One of the guys that works with the team said that it was done intentionally, and
that all players were meant to build up and get stronger.

The same guy told me that Ross is up to 120kg now, and he played at 115kg last season. :shock:

It's easy to forget just how big guys like Tony, Joel and Ben are until you stand right next to them... :lol:

Big Mick

Referee
mightypanther said:

What I meant by putting on, is that House looked stronger (more muscly),
and I'm not sure what's wrong with that.

ahh, thats great then

I thought u meant like belly put on.

Big Mick

Referee
I think this year wont be a year of back's dominating and winning the comp.

This year, its the forwards, and big, mobile, strong forwards will win the comp,

looks like we are on our way.

I was encouraged by what I read in the paper.

lainey

Juniors
Hey PP, in the preview book in the tele today they had the same opinion as you. Did you get a sneak peek at it or something??? :lol:

Big Mick

Referee
HAHAHHA Awsome.

Maybe they can start the hair bears thing again ehehe with Trent with them?

If Junior moors plays in 2-3 years he'll be the next hair bear haha.

I'm happy we Re-Signed Frank he was our Main Priority for mine, along with Roberts, but he crossed to the darkside.

The Rhino

Juniors
I'm looking at Junior Moors to be our answer to Sonny Bill Williams. Everyone knows what sort of damage Frankie can do but from what I saw of Junior a few years ago in one of the lower grade finals at Kogarah Oval, was simply devastating and would have left Sonny Bill for dead. I just hope we can hold onto him.

choc_soldier

Coach
lainey said:
Hey PP, in the preview book in the tele today they had the same opinion as you. Did you get a sneak peek at it or something??? :lol:

:lol:

I got the Tele on Saturday night, but ssshhhh! Don't tell anyone, K?

:lol:

Munky

Coach
Bloody hell Frank is huge!

Saw him steamroll Finch on the news. No centre or half stands a chance against him.

Latest posts