What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Frank Puletua released.

El Diablo

Post Whore
If Melbourne were payig money to Steve Turner right now would that be counted in their cap :?

mxlegend99

Referee
Frank Puletua's concerns were enough for him to retire from football. Obviously whatever it is, is quiet a big deal. And Titans released him due to his problems.

Obviously they are very reasonable.

Stagger eel

Staff member
El Diablo said:
but he has no NRL contract. why would they be obliged to tell the NRL he was being paid?

a figure would of been negotiated and agreed upon..I'm pretty sure that would still count in the cap as it's been registered by the NRL.

t-ba

Post Whore
eelavation said:
a figure would of been negotiated and agreed upon..I'm pretty sure that would still count in the cap as it's been registered by the NRL.

If he doesn't turn up to training and is completely AWOL from the organisation though, they don't have to pay him and it won't come from thier cap ;-)

Stagger eel

Staff member
t-ba said:
If he doesn't turn up to training and is completely AWOL from the organisation though, they don't have to pay him and it won't come from thier cap ;-)

ok in principle you may be correct..however if he's contract is registered by the NRL, isn't it counted?? ,....maybe it isn't I don't know :?

t-ba

Post Whore
eelavation said:
ok in principle you may be correct..however if he's contract is registered by the NRL, isn't it counted?? ,....maybe it isn't I don't know :?

From what I understand of the Cap it's more a situation of Money payed than it is money agreed to in contracts.

If Stevy Boy doesn't even bother to turn up to training and run out for the Tweed/Burleigh/Ipswich and play half arsed football (Say like Ben Ikin for the Bears), he doesn't get paid, and the NRL doesn't add the money to the cap.

LeagueLegend

Juniors
t-ba said:
From what I understand of the Cap it's more a situation of Money payed than it is money agreed to in contracts.

If Stevy Boy doesn't even bother to turn up to training and run out for the Tweed/Burleigh/Ipswich and play half arsed football (Say like Ben Ikin for the Bears), he doesn't get paid, and the NRL doesn't add the money to the cap.

A club specifies to the NRL a list of 25 players who are their top squad of players and will play 1st grade. Even if that players gets dropped to premier league they are counted in the 25 players for the Salary Cap. All of those contracts of the 25 players are equal to or less thanthe salary cap (in theory or not in the case of the clubs who have rorted it).

t-ba

Post Whore
LeagueLegend said:
A club specifies to the NRL a list of 25 players who are their top squad of players and will play 1st grade. Even if that players gets dropped to premier league they are counted in the 25 players for the Salary Cap. All of those contracts of the 25 players are equal to or less thanthe salary cap (in theory or not in the case of the clubs who have rorted it).

But is Steve Turner officially a part of the 25 for next year and Beyond?

What about match payment incentives for players in the top 25? There's leeway here...

El Diablo

Post Whore
LeagueLegend said:

he wouldnt be in Melbournes top 25

I think it has to do with Puleatuas Grandmother who is very ill. tony Puleatua was released from the Kiwis due to his Grandmother being very ill as well

Charlie124

First Grade
The way i understood it was that Turner has agreed to terms with the GC, therefor he is bound to them for 3 years, if he choses not to play for them then he sits out of all league for 3 years, if he choses to sit out then he doenst get paid by them, therefor it wouldnt affect the GC salary cap at all.

He isnt contracted to Melbourne, if he was he wouldnt have been able to "sign" with the GC so they arent paying him either.

All of this = Steve Turner better be good at flipping burgers.

Latest posts