What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Freddy and co - youve turned us into a laughing stock

The players were in no danger, this decision is a joke and Fittler, Lockyer, Kearns and Co. should never wear the green and gold again.

Austrlaians have long had a reputation for courage, bravery and grit, have a look at what the Times (a very respected paper) is saying about us now.

<span>"The Australians are building up quite a history of ducking out of their obligations at the first hint of trouble."
The Times newspaper on the Kangaroos' decision not to tour
</span>

L

legend

It was Fittlers fiance who made the decision. His balls can be found in her purse if anyone is interested.

I hope the decision can be overturned, but we have to respect the decision of the players in the end. We are not being asked to risk anything, they are. It must be their decision. Hopefully the players can be reassured about security. I don't think there will be any great risks involved, but thats easy to say from the comfort of my home in Australia. I'm not rushing out to buy a ticket to go watch them if they do tour.

What representing your Country SHOULD mean.

"I'll play on the tour no matter what, I'll play in Afghanistan if they want me to."
Dragons rookie Jason Ryles

If Fittler, Webke, Lockyer, Kearns and Johns have lost the desire to represent the green and gold well thats fine, replace them with players who WANT to go. I can guarantee that their are plenty who would.

These guys have had the opportunity to tour and represent, their selfish acts have deprived the likes of Anasta, Gasnier, Ryles, Blacklock, Lyon etc what may prove to be their only opportunity. Who can guarantee that any of these guys will be picked on the next tour ??

G@v

Juniors
Living halfway between Manchester and Leeds and therefore within 40 miles of most of the venues where the tour will take place, I can assure anyone travelling to this part of the planet that it's one of the safest places on this planet.

If any player wishes to stay at home that's fine, you can't force them to travel, and I'm sure the ARL could muster enough top quality players who are willing to travel.

imported_Beast

Juniors
Imagine what the tough old league players from yesteryaer would have thought.
They played during times of the Great War and WW2, they fought and then those that had all their limbs attached continued to play.
After the war and after the game of league thses same guys would have to go and find work to support a family etc.
They would travel on ocean liners for weeks on end to get an opportunity to play the Brits, then would return on ocean liners for weeks on end in order to come home an dprovide for family and friends.
They had no mangers in those days, they had no expense accounts and 4-5 days a week off..
Congratulations News /NRL/ARL ... you have given the terrorists their first big victory over Australia and not one shot has been fired on our home soil. The old blokes will be right in thinking this generation of players a bunch of over paid pampered twigs