What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Freddy

dougthelegend

Juniors
Im so pumped, i got to meet Freddy for the first time yesterday in Mudgee (not very often that footy players come out here). He signed my jersey, and i got to talk to him for a full five minutes, and got a photo with him (will load later).

That man is an absolute legend :D

Broncodroid

Juniors
Yeah, a true champion of the game on and off the field.

I first met Brad Fittler as a 15 y.o. kid (now 24) whilst playing in a junior rep team. Our team was playing the Penrith U15 team as part of the curtain opener before a Penrith game at Panthers and we were warming up the afternoon before as most age rep teams will do.

Anyway, after a spirited run on the famed oval for all of 30 mins, we were coming off and Freddy was there early talking with some official. He broke conversation and came met the guys in which we were invited back to the dressing sheds after their game the following night.

That night, we met the boys, and the highlight was talking to Brad Fittler uniterrupted for 5 mins whilst he was getting alot of well wishers after starring that night. He was giving just general advice on what it takes to be a footballer, then started talking about OUR game and individual aspects we can improve on. To say we were floored is an understatement and since that brilliant day, I was a Brad Fittler fan barring Origin time of course!

Great bloke, I wish him the best in retirement.

woodgers

Bench
So that is why he was in Canberra a fortnight ago. He was lost and asking for directions, I had to look a few times before I said anything but it was him. I thought he may be there to sign for Canberra, he fits our age criteria!

He was one of those people you meet and are a little awestruck. That is a great story Bronco, he is a true ambassador.

By the way, he drives the tidiest BMW I have ever seen!

We have a few pics of Brad, both framed and signed and unframed but the one that is the most special was taken at a fanday at the SFS the week before we played Newcastle in the semis 2001.
Freddy has this huge fat lip and I asked him would he mind having a photo taken with our lad Fletcher.
Our Fletch was not quite 12 months and a bit weary of strangers yet he gave Brad the cutest cuddle and I tell you that there and then you could see what sort of father Freddy would make.
What a great guy, man will we miss him, although I'm sure he will be around in the wings for quite a while.

eelman2005

Juniors
roosterspremiers2002 said:
We have a few pics of Brad, both framed and signed and unframed but the one that is the most special was taken at a fanday at the SFS the week before we played Newcastle in the semis 2001.
Freddy has this huge fat lip and I asked him would he mind having a photo taken with our lad Fletcher.
Our Fletch was not quite 12 months and a bit weary of strangers yet he gave Brad the cutest cuddle and I tell you that there and then you could see what sort of father Freddy would make.
What a great guy, man will we miss him, although I'm sure he will be around in the wings for quite a while.
yer even as a eel i reckon hes 1 of the best blokes i every got 2 meet.

ozzie

Bench
is it true the club is going to make him a life member - maybe I misheard the article on the radio this morning

JayJayK

Juniors
I couldnt agree more, Freddy is from my home town, and i have met him a couple of times top bloke

There are Real Bulldogs fans. Then there are the Bulldogs fans who keep up with the results to find out what supporters they can fight that week.
This is a very true statement, i am a bulldogs fan, and a true bulldogs fan at that, and i am sick of being pigeonholed into the category of all those dickheads that cause trouble

Latest posts