What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Free tickets to watch the Giants next week

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
I really hope you are not as dumb as Phil, but i will spell it out for you, i am in neither city or in the EST zone.

And i am aware that both Melbourne and Sydney are in the same time zone, but one city likes and supports all sport, and the other has a big chip on its shoulder, a bit like the one you carry.

lol

you've obviously never lived in Melbourne

Flapper

First Grade
I really hope you are not as dumb as Phil, but i will spell it out for you, i am in neither city or in the EST zone.

Even if you're in Perth it means you were on a Rugby League website after midnight even though you hate the sport, that is sadder than anything I know of.

And i am aware that both Melbourne and Sydney are in the same time zone, but one city likes and supports all sport, and the other has a big chip on its shoulder, a bit like the one you carry.

As said above, you've clearly spent no time in Melbourne if you think it "likes and supports all sport"

spritzer

Even if you're in Perth it means you were on a Rugby League website after midnight even though you hate the sport, that is sadder than anything I know of.

As said above, you've clearly spent no time in Melbourne if you think it "likes and supports all sport"

Where have i ever said that i hate RL ?.

Sydney is a one off in this country, in regards to pathetic levels of public support for sport, but also way ahead in its disdain of other sports, you gotta hand it to them , hate other sports, but don't show up for the one they allegedly follow.

andrew057

First Grade
Two different people on my Facebook offering free tickets tonights game to anyone interested.

AuckMel

Bench
I think Melbourne likes other sports, they just don't go to them like they do to Aussie Rules which is kind of odd considering they spend copious amounts of time bagging others for the same thing.

adamkungl

Immortal

claim #1 - Sydney has a big chip on its shoulder and won't support AFL
claim #2 - AFL is successful in Sydney and GWS will be around for decades to come.

does not compute.

docbrown

Coach
Sydney is a one off in this country, in regards to pathetic levels of public support for sport, but also way ahead in its disdain of other sports

Sounds like a good place to chuck a new AFL team then. f**k the Tasmanians! :lol:

docbrown

Coach
I think Melbourne likes other sports, they just don't go to them like they do to Aussie Rules which is kind of odd considering they spend copious amounts of time bagging others for the same thing.

Victorians like to think that everything Victorian is automatically better than everything else.

Hence why you hear them spouting nonsense like comparing St Kilda beach to beaches in Queensland, New South Wales and Hawaii.

sportive cupid

Referee
I was at the game last night.lots of members orange hats there.

38200 others as well .

Issue was fine .

Hope the Swans were foxing a bit though :)

Last edited:

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
trying to get Victorians to talk League is like asking them to remove thier right arm

have you even been to a League game ?

nope, never have and never will

thats the response 90% of them give, they just dont care about any other code, they been brain washed as kids to only like one code of football

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
they were Melbournians, as distinct from Victorians

I found the people in rural areas more open but not the city slickers

booeycollector

Juniors
I've been a RL supporter my whole life but I'm also a fan of most sports. I joined GWS as a ticketed member and I went to the game last night. I enjoyed the night and it was great supporting a AFL team that represents the area I live in. The club has been teriffic in the local area. The giants will get stronger and stronger and build a solid supporter base.

nicko18

Juniors
All GWS needs to do is hold its own crowds wise, compared to other clubs in Sydneys west... a feat unthought of 15-20 years ago

And so far from the football played in Western Sydney we have
Parramatta v Brisbane 11,389
Penrith v Bulldogs 9,585
Souths v Roosters 18,278
Bulldogs v Dragons 29,641
Parramatta v Warriors 12,102
Penrith v Souths 13,876
Parramatta v Penrith 13,788
GWS v Swans 38,203

So if they can hold their average at around the 13-14k mark, they'll hold their own as a legitimate football club in Sydney's west.

Latest posts