What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Freezing

Forum Idiot

Bench
Mario said:
Forum Idiot said:
I've got the ps2 version and i have played about 5 hours all up since yesterday arvo and it has frozen 2 times in the menus and it has frozen once during play and it has done that thing where no-one moves but you can still change player and pause the game and stuff twice.

so in about 5 hours of play the game has f***ed up times. it is incredibly annoying. id say that the beta testers havent done their jobs right. im not happy having paid for a game that freezes every hour or so. its a waste of my time. HEY VODKA WHY DIDNT YOU DO YOUR JOB CORRECTLY?! ;-)

or your PS2 is overheating.

yeah my ps2 is hotter than hell!! how the crikey do i stop that from happening?

Moffo

Referee
Forum Idiot said:
Mario said:
Forum Idiot said:
I've got the ps2 version and i have played about 5 hours all up since yesterday arvo and it has frozen 2 times in the menus and it has frozen once during play and it has done that thing where no-one moves but you can still change player and pause the game and stuff twice.

so in about 5 hours of play the game has f***ed up times. it is incredibly annoying. id say that the beta testers havent done their jobs right. im not happy having paid for a game that freezes every hour or so. its a waste of my time. HEY VODKA WHY DIDNT YOU DO YOUR JOB CORRECTLY?! ;-)

or your PS2 is overheating.

yeah my ps2 is hotter than hell!! how the crikey do i stop that from happening?

put it in the freezer, naturally

leaguerules

Juniors
i had the problem when i played games longer that 20 mins

but now i just play 20min games and it hasnt frove since 2days of playing and sometimes ive had the playstation on 3-4 hours

play shorter games

Go_ze_doggies

Juniors
:evil: Mine froze on me on the 3rd game of S.O.O and I was winning 18-12 on League God with about 10 seconds left and it froze... :evil: :evil: :evil:

Not a happy person!

[furrycat]

Coach
Main reason why I don't like console gaming as much...

Multiplayer is fun... but they overheat way too easy unless you alter the system yourself, as I have with my PS2.

NPK

Bench
Mine froze again last night. It is a new PC so I'm pretty sure that isn't the problem.

Every time the game freezes, it is in a break of play - after I had attempted a field goal; after Barrett had kicked the ball into touch. This sounds like a software/code error rather than a hardware problem.

imascare

Juniors
mine has frozen twice and always happens when i seem to be playing for like 3hrs or longer, although any other ps2 game which sometimes i play for hours on end with no problem...

CC_Eagle

First Grade
(on PS2) When putting a custom team in a custom competition it has always frozen for me.. :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Timmo

Juniors
I have PC version and it has never frozen. Sometimes individual players have become stuck, that's it.
I have a pretty top notch computer, so that's why I don't have problems. I suggest PC users with problems should update their graphics card drivers.

NPK

Bench
Timmo said:
I have PC version and it has never frozen. Sometimes individual players have become stuck, that's it.
I have a pretty top notch computer, so that's why I don't have problems. I suggest PC users with problems should update their graphics card drivers.

Freezing has only happened on my computer (which is only a year old) at a break of play (straight after kicking into touch, straight after attempting a field goal etc.) which shows a pattern that sounds like a software problem rather than a hardware problem that would be more random.

Mario

Juniors
If the game is dropping out to the desktop or 'freezing' (as in the game stops completely) on PC, then you should be able to fix the problem with driver updates.

[furrycat]

Coach
NPK said:
Timmo said:

Freezing has only happened on my computer (which is only a year old) at a break of play (straight after kicking into touch, straight after attempting a field goal etc.) which shows a pattern that sounds like a software problem rather than a hardware problem that would be more random.

That does happen to me on a very rare occasion (Infact it has only happened once) But I had lots of really neat problems after I got bored and edited the .exe file and some other data files... So don't do that and you'll run fine.