What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Friday Night - Postgame Function

razzman16

Juniors
Hi, i read a few weeks ago about a postgame function at the club for the members. It mentioned that Steve edge is hosting it and some/most of the players will be attending. Is this really happening and how do you guarantee a spot to get in?

mondoro

Juniors
How long does it usually take after the game for the players to come over from the ground for one of these post game functions? I have a 2 1/2 hour drive home after the game & would love to stay for the function.

Fee

Juniors
It is usually a good 30 to 45 minutes before they come over. Most of the time all of the players are there,(you may get 1 who doesnt come back). The last 2 after match functions were pretty packed.

Nikki

Coach
Caylo mentioned at Trivia tonight that there is a training session on Monday too starting around 6pm. Hopefully something official comes out from the club soon.

Hellsy

Immortal
Oh I went looking for this thread!!

Seriously, that was freaking awesome!!!!
They had a DJ type guy with the screen for film clips playing some oldie but goodie songs, we had an awesome sing-a-long in the middle there.
The atmosphere was electric, everyone was cheering/yelling. Flags were being raised, banners being held up, there was chanting!!!

How fantastic was it!!!

Mystik got some photos I think so hopefully she puts them up when she is online next

Nikki

Coach
Scenes like that should urge the players on. If fans party like that after a club game, imagine what we can do after a Grand Final win boys!!!

razzman16

Juniors
awesome night, well worth the travel, cant wait til grandfinal night to do it again. Do you think i will have to join the club to get in after the gf

Suitman

Post Whore
I've never seen scenes at the club after a normal competiton game like I saw on Friday night.
The auditorium was packed, and Sterlo's was very full as well. I didn't see other parts of the club.
On nights like that, I couldn't really give a sh*t how many Asian pokie players decide not to turn up.
It's not as if they don't have about 350 other days of the year to ply their trade.

Great stuff by the club, and great stuff by the fans for getting back there in force.
In hindsight, it also makes an absolute mockery of the crock of sh*t excuses given by the old regime regarding jerseys in the club after the game, which I know they eventually changed.

Suity

fish eel

Immortal
I've never seen scenes at the club after a normal competiton game like I saw on Friday night.
The auditorium was packed, and Sterlo's was very full as well. I didn't see other parts of the club.
On nights like that, I couldn't really give a sh*t how many Asian pokie players decide not to turn up.
It's not as if they don't have about 350 other days of the year to ply their trade.

Great stuff by the club, and great stuff by the fans for getting back there in force.
In hindsight, it also makes an absolute mockery of the crock of sh*t excuses given by the old regime regarding jerseys in the club after the game, which I know they eventually changed.

Suity

would be interested to know if revenue was down at the club on Friday? Because thats what we were always told happened....

Suitman

Post Whore
would be interested to know if revenue was down at the club on Friday? Because thats what we were always told happened....

Hey Fishy, it may or may not have been. But, there is no price you can put on the goodwill that was created.
It was the "people's club" again.

Suity

fish eel

Immortal
Hey Fishy, it may or may not have been. But, there is no price you can put on the goodwill that was created.
It was the "people's club" again.

Suity

I agree. We were talking about creating a buzz in other threads. Nights like Friday create a buzz about the club and people want to go back - not just to the club but to the game.

From what I've heard, I'd be surprised if the club didnt do very good business on Friday. It's not like nobody was playing the pokies......

Fee

Juniors

Well said Suity, I had a fantastic time on Friday night, I would love to see the atmosphere after a grand final win, because on Friday night it was brilliant. Hopefully we will find out sooner than later.:D

bartman

Immortal
Yes, I never quite bought the reasoning that was dished out to us to justify why the club had changed to pretty much exclude footy-related members was solid.

As Suity always says, it's a maximum of 12 home game days a year, out of 365...

I think there was a view in the club that it had to cater to "asian gamblers" when in reality a lot of club members gamble - even the ones wearing blue and gold jerseys on those twelve game days, before and after games. *The race thing is or should be irrelevant.*

The club (management and board) got and took bad advice imo, and the previous composition had a chance to stand up to Management about it if they had wanted to, and didn't do so effectively enough. The Leagues club is feeling a lot more "leaguey" than "clubby" these days, slowly but surely :thumn

Last edited: