What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Friday Night - Postgame Function

Suitman

Post Whore
Yes, I never quite bought the reasoning that was dished out to us to justify why the club had changed to pretty much exclude footy-related members was solid.

As Suity always says, it's a maximum of 12 home game days a year, out of 365...

I think there was a view in the club that it had to cater to "asian gamblers" when in reality a lot of club members gamble - even the ones wearing blue and gold jerseys on those twelve game days, before and after games.

The club (management and board) got and took bad advice imo, and the previous composition had a chance to stand up to Management about it if they had wanted to, and didn't do so effectively enough. The Leagues club is feeling a lot more "leaguey" than "clubby" these days, slowly but surely :thumn

Little steps Barty.......little steps.

Suity

Jodeci

Bench
The place was jam packed

Pokie revenue wouldn't have been down at all, if any they would have gone through the roof.

Auditorium started about an Hour and a Half after the game so that would have enticed gamblers supporters to put some money in the pokies before the after match started.

The line just to get into the Leagues Club was huge so you would assume that 20% of those people would have gone to the pokies and the other 80% split over the Parra Footy Heaven Sale, Auditorium and Sterlo's.

Great night for the club overall

Fee

Juniors
I know D.Morts said it felt like a party out on the field, well it really must have felt like a party off the field too. The after match function definetly felt like a party with the DJ and all. Best night in a long time for me anyway!!!!:D

Suitman

Post Whore
Even some of the players had cameras and were taking photos.
They knew it was big, too.

Suity

I was down in the Pokie room before the presentation and I can tell you it wasn't jam packed, actually it was quite easy to get around, my guess the only part of the club that was. My Mother went down directly after the presentation and made her "Donation" and said it was fine down there.

All in all, it was a good night, waiting for the pics though. I am still working on the Video that I took. Edgy is very hard to understand. Would have been better if Rosco had done the MC duties, he was great at the last PMF, also would have been nice if they interviewed Joey G, I think he was looking to be interviewed by Steve just didn't go there.

JessEel

Accredited Media Releases
It's a shame they didn't do a proper tribute to the players that are leaving us - thats what i was hoping for!

Who am i kidding - all i remember about Friday night is winning, trying to smuggle drinks into the auditorium, asking Burty if i could have his dinner, and knocking glasses off the table with my banner :lol:

sportive cupid

Referee
Well said Suity, I had a fantastic time on Friday night, I would love to see the atmosphere after a grand final win, because on Friday night it was brilliant. Hopefully we will find out sooner than later.:D[/QUOTE]
Well I have x3:cool:

mickdo

Coach
Who am i kidding - all i remember about Friday night is winning, trying to smuggle drinks into the auditorium, asking Burty if i could have his dinner, and knocking glasses off the table with my banner :lol:

and singing Bohemian Rhapsody of course :lol:

JessEel

Accredited Media Releases
nope i wasn't there for that! i was sculling drinks in Sterlo's bar..

eelz47

Coach
It's a shame they didn't do a proper tribute to the players that are leaving us - thats what i was hoping for!

i cut my fingers picking up that glass you broke:lol:

do you remember me signing something

Fee

Juniors
There are a few other things you forgot too JessEel about Friday night after match function( oh I forgot to wash my face);-);-)!!!!