What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Friday Telegraph

Tigers Tale

Juniors
There was an interesting analysis of Beni Marshall in Friday's Telegraph, it talks about him being hot and cold and how he tends to go for the million dollar play everytime and not simply building pressure. While I tend to take these articles with a grain of salt I did find myself agreeing with quite a few of the observations.

Anyone else see this and have any thoughts on the article. Not looking to start a thread that bags Benji just found there were a few home truths in the story.

macnaz

Staff member
I disagree, he is certainly hot and cold but mainly hot these days. I do believe he goes for the million dollar play sometimes but its hardly every play like once apon a time, you will never stop that totaly and neither would i want them to .. i love watching him the way he is :)

Would have to agree macnaz. he created all the tries against the Bulldogs. Can't ask for more, and you can see that opposing teams watch him very very closely because of his unpredictability. I just wish we had another goalkicker so he didn't have that pressure - Lockyer stopped kicking didn't he?

Tigerm

Coach
He's better than most when he is cold & simply the best when he is hot. Can't kick, but wouldn't swap him for anybody.

RWB

Bench
His role is to be a creative player, with that comes inconsistencies. It's the job of the halfback and dummy half to build pressure in my opinion. Marshall obviously has some responsibility and he's come a long way but it should never be his main focus.

Tigers Tale

Juniors
I agree with all of you particularly RWB. I have said previously Lui needs to step up and be his own man and until he does Marshall will continually try to take control of a game...hence the mistakes. Be it Lui, Moltzen or even Miller for that matter, we need direction from the 7 position.

I think back to some of the great running 5/8's I have seen (Kenny & Daley for example), they all had a half that took pressure off them so they could do what came natural to them and that was run the ball.

Still, he is a Tiger and I love to watch him...mistakes and all.