What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Friend will undergo clean-up surgery on his left shoulder

Kick and Hope

Juniors
Hi Guys,
Long time lurker on this forum. Don't know if anyone else has posted the below. Saw it in yesterdays paper. Hopefully it just routine.....Sorry I can't post the link but its on goldcoast.com.au sport website

Carty looks at options to replace Friend
Luke Turgeon | May 2nd, 2011
ROOKIE hooker Kayne Lawton is shaping as a genuine contender to replace Nathan Friend on Sunday against the New Zealand Warriors.

Headgear-wearing workhorse Friend will undergo clean-up surgery on his left shoulder -- following a reconstruction in the off-season -- this week and is now staring at a month on the sidelines.

Titans coach John Cartwright was at Piggabeen yesterday to watch feeder club Tweed Heads casting an eye over his options which include former Titans under-20s star Lawton.
While Burleigh Bears utility Riley Brown slotted in for Friend during the first four games this season, which he also missed due to the shoulder injury, it is understood Cartwright is considering rewarding Lawton with an opportunity for his dedication at training and good form in the Queensland Cup.

It would also be a good opportunity to survey his options with Friend leaving the club to join the Warriors at season's end.

http://goldcoast.com.au/article/2011/05/02/311855_gold-coast-titans.html

Last edited by a moderator:

devoid

Juniors
This is the ideal weekend for Friend to get it done. Haha

Absolutely agree. I love seeing injuries handled properly. A big congratulations to the Titans medical staff on this one. Hopefully Lawton gets another run later this season too, along with a fancy stamp in his passport.

worier

Juniors
Absolutely agree. I love seeing injuries handled properly. A big congratulations to the Titans medical staff on this one. Hopefully Lawton gets another run later this season too, along with a fancy stamp in his passport.

Hmm I wish we could say the same about how our staff dealt with Manu

devoid

Juniors
Hmm I wish we could say the same about how our staff dealt with Manu

I was being a bit cheeky actually - glad Friend ISN'T playing against us this week. The ultimate doctor is the player, isn't it? I mean, what player plays if they don't want to?

Last edited:

Revelation 3:20

Juniors
ohhh no he doesn't have injury problems :sarcasm:

Tate came over with injuries
Steve Rapira came over with injuries
now possibly this bloke...

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
ohhh no he doesn't have injury problems :sarcasm:

Tate came over with injuries
Steve Rapira came over with injuries
now possibly this bloke...

50% of the players in the NRL have some sort of injury problem. This is a win for us, he's getting it sorted now, and has 10 months to recover before he's required to play for us- he'll be fully fit and not carrying niggles before the pre-season.

devoid

Juniors
Dean Bell has only been in charge of recruitment for the past couple of seasons, thus he did not sign Brent Tate.