What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fringe Players

Tigers Tale

Juniors
Not living in the metro area I don't get to see a lot of games so I am interested in any comments from supporters who may have seen some of the fringe West Tigers players going around.

Interested in knowing what Blake Austin looked like with Windsor Wolves and whether he will make our first team next year, if so what position. So too Martin Taupau and James Gavet, can/will they make first grade next year and could one of them play second row?

Radical Rat

Juniors
Not living in the metro area I don't get to see a lot of games so I am interested in any comments from supporters who may have seen some of the fringe West Tigers players going around.

Interested in knowing what Blake Austin looked like with Windsor Wolves and whether he will make our first team next year, if so what position. So too Martin Taupau and James Gavet, can/will they make first grade next year and could one of them play second row?

Blake Austin was a star in the 20's. I know Panthers supporters rate him pretty highly, but for some reason Clearly didn't. He's very much in the Sironen mould. He's a big boy, I think he'll be best utilised as a Sutton type 5/8. Could be a good foil for Brooks.

Tapau I've only seen play a few times off the bench for the Dogs. I like the look of him though. I think he's a genuine prop, although he's not huge. He's aggressive though, runs it harder than any current Tigers player.

I haven't seen much of Gavet. He was injured for most of the year. Pretty sure he played second row in State Cup when he came back.