What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Frizell Snobbing

Mickthedragon

Juniors
They should give Peats a go since its a dead rubber and he can get a taste of it and a chance to prove himself. We all know they won't though

SBD82

Coach
Ok. I completely misunderstood. Sorry. I thought you were thinking left edge for him.

I think Tyson goes ok in the middle for us. My worry is that it's not the place he excels, and if he is picked (which I think he deserved to be) it should be on the right edge. I don't think he or josh Jackson are good choices for the middle, particularly in origin.

I hope he does well, regardless of where Daley plays him. But I have such little faith in Daley and his picking players out of position, as well as his ineffective use of the bench, that I worry that Tyson will be another addition to the list of players picked for the blues in the wrong position, who then get slammed by all and sundry and it has a massive effect on their confidence.

Sincerely hope I'm wrong.

Mr Red, I was wrong.

Tyson was immense on the left edge. Absolute standout for NSW.

Walpole

Juniors
Agree with just about all that's been said. If you think Marys a shit coach then just take a look at Daley.

Gallen, Fifita, G.Bird, Farah and especially Jennings can all F off for the next one.

Frizzell was sensational.

BennyV

Referee
Man, some of those lines he was running were sensational!

Reminded me of Ben Creagh circa 2010.

Dragsters

First Grade
Man, some of those lines he was running were sensational!

Reminded me of Ben Creagh circa 2010.

Yep, so dangerous running that tight line and Reynolds did well to draw defenders and deliver a great ball.

How good would it be for that combo at the saints. mm mm.

I heard someone say in an interview that they thought he was the quickest forward in the game over 40, well last night proved he's no slouch over 80 as well!

Friz was immense last night

Cagey Mac

Bench
Yep, so dangerous running that tight line and Reynolds did well to draw defenders and deliver a great ball.

I heard someone say in an interview that they thought he was the quickest forward in the game over 40, well last night proved he's no slouch over 80 as well!

What we learned last night is that Friz knows he's fast over the distance and backed himself
Regardless of what else we think, the fact that he and Au Mau are the only current first graders signed to the end of 2108 says something about recruitment.

Dragsters

First Grade
What we learned last night is that Friz knows he's fast over the distance and backed himself
Regardless of what else we think, the fact that he and Au Mau are the only current first graders signed to the end of 2108 says something about recruitment.

Wow, if we have signed them both to 92 year contracts then our recruitment team really is in Disneyland!

mobels

Juniors

You do understand that most clubs have next to no one barring a handful of rookies or journey men signed past 2018 due to managers advising players not to sign past 2017 due to huge salary cap increases for 2018.

Old Timer

Coach
Well done TF a fantastic debut.

The achievement is even greater considering he plays in a poor performing club side which hampers his ability to shine and the same can be said of the NSW SOO team which tried to starve him of the ball, so he did it pretty much by himself.

Last night he was one of the 3 best performed back rowers on show and on that performance would look awesome outside Cronk and Thurston in a Green & Gold jumper.

Hopefully that is not too far away for you.

Benji take note from Reynolds pass to TF for the try

TAKE THE LINE AND TF WILL RUN A VERY GOOD LINE AND WILL BE A REAL HANDFUL /B]

Trouble is Benji is deaf and gun shy.

BringTheNoise

Juniors
Benji take note from Reynolds pass to TF for the try

TAKE THE LINE AND TF WILL RUN A VERY GOOD LINE AND WILL BE A REAL HANDFUL

Trouble is Benji is deaf and gun shy.

Imagine. Benji taking the ball to the line with Friz running the outside-in line and Dugan sweeping out the back. Like a mirror image of Hornby/Creagh/Boyd on the left side in 2010.

Goddamn it Mary do I have to think of everything myself!?

Gomarchin

Juniors
I would say Tyson had more impact in his one game for NSW then Merrin has had in 15 games for NSW.

slippery5

Juniors

Speed, we HAVE SPEED, PUT HIM IN THE CENTRES

denis preston

First Grade
Imagine. Benji taking the ball to the line with Friz running the outside-in line and Dugan sweeping out the back. Like a mirror image of Hornby/Creagh/Boyd on the left side in 2010.

Goddamn it Mary do I have to think of everything myself!?

LOL !! Well done to Reynolds as from the start of the game he showed QLD he was prepared to run and thats why the defense was in two minds for Tyson to score.

Now if you never run straight and take the line the support play ( as weak as it is ) is always accounted for.

getsmarty

Immortal
Frizell: Fighting Fit To Play

Sat 25th June, 07:00AM A A

By Jack Brady (NRL.com)
He stole the show for New South Wales in Origin II and now Dragons back-rower Tyson Frizell is ready to do it all again in Newcastle on Saturday afternoon.
Frizell confirmed he'd be a certain starter for the Dragons on Friday after a bruising Origin debut which saw him rack up 70 metres, 22 tackles and a try.

Frizell won't be the only late inclusion for the Dragons, with Josh Dugan coming through the captains' run unscathed.
"I pulled up sweet other than being a bit sore from the game and having a few bumps and bruises," Frizell said.
"Other than that I'll be good to go against the Knights. It's back to work now and it won't be easy on the body but it has to be done. I'm fine to switch back on."
Frizell earned instant praise of Blues coach Laurie Daley following the Blues' disappointing series-deciding loss for his efforts in trying to prevent Dane Gagai's 80-metre intercept try in the first half.
Daley said Frizell's chase would be shown to New South Wales players young and old for years to come.
"You have a responsibility to fill when you're handed that jersey," Frizell said.
"I probably shouldn't have been able to get anywhere near him but I did my best and was hopeful of getting as close as I could.
"It was disappointing not to make the difference then and I'm sure anyone else in my position would've done the same thing."
Having been named 18th man on several occasions prior to his Origin debut, Frizell said his slow drip inclusion into the NSW squad definitely help him once he was in thick of things against the Maroons.

"I definitely like the way it's been set up and the experience I was given in being able to go into camp was invaluable," he said.
"If I was thrown into the deep end straight away, it would've been a lot tougher for myself in terms of having to learn new things on the run.
"You only get one chance to prove yourself and being a development player and 18th man certainly helped. It gave me that drive to play a lot better."

http://www.dragons.com.au/news/2016/06/25/frizell_fighting_fit.html

getsmarty

Immortal
State of Origin football with NSW a plus for St George Illawarra Dragons forward Tyson Frizell

Andrew Parkinson
June 29, 2016, 7 a.m.
https://www.facebook.com/sharer/sha...u/story/3990572/rep-footy-a-plus-for-frizell/http://twitter.com/share?url=http:/...ep footy a plus for Frizell&via=theleadernews

St George Illawarra may be the biggest beneficiaries of Tyson Frizell’s outstanding performance in Origin II last Wednesday night.
The back-rower was arguably the Blues’ best in their loss in Brisbane which handed Queensland their 10th series victory from the last 11.
And Frizell, who is likely to back up again against Manly on Monday night, said he would be better for experiencing the elite level of the game.
"Being on that kind of stage and playing part in one of the toughest games of the season, I think you can only take positives out of it and hopefully transfer that into club land,” he said.

"To see how packed the stadium was and how loud everyone was, it was really memorable.

“Standing there singing the anthem and seeing all your family out the front that have come all the way up to support you was very special to me."
Frizell almost pulled off one of the great Origin try-saving tackles, ankle tapping Dane Gagai after a 50-metre chase, before the Queensland winger scored the first try of the match.
It was that kind of effort that showed why many have now marked the 24-year-old as a mainstay for future NSW sides.
"I probably shouldn't have been able to get anywhere near him but I did my best and was hopeful of getting as close as I could,” he said.

“It was disappointing not to make the difference then and I'm sure anyone else in my position would've done the same thing. You have a responsibility to fill when you're handed that jersey."
Frizell also praised the NSW set up which he said helped him prepare for the game after being thrown in as a late replacement for the suspended Wade Graham.
Frizell used his previous experience as the Blues’ 18th-man and development player to his advantage on game night, remaining cool under pressure throughout the 80 minutes.
You have a responsibility to fill when you're handed that jersey. - Tyson Frizell
"I definitely like the way it's been set up and the experience I was given in being able to go into camp was invaluable,” he said.

“If I was thrown into the deep end straight away, it would've been a lot tougher for myself in terms of having to learn new things on the run. You only get one chance to prove yourself and being a development player and 18th man certainly helped.”

https://www.facebook.com/sharer/sha...u/story/3990572/rep-footy-a-plus-for-frizell/http://twitter.com/share?url=http:/...ep footy a plus for Frizell&via=theleadernews

http://www.theleader.com.au/story/3990572/rep-footy-a-plus-for-frizell/?cs=3833

Latest posts