What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Frizell: The Team Is My Priority

grouch

First Grade
FAR OUT ALL OF YOU GUYS ARE HARD MARKERS. The best forward we have & your bagging him you bunch are a fickle lot !!! Even last year I rated Frizz higher then Merrin & still do NOW. Give him a break 42 tackles last week against a international pack, premiers and the golden boot player last year & probably one of the best of all time (hate to admit that cause his a QLD player) but true . Some of the best commentators & ex players are expecting Frizz to represent NSW so who are you guys to judge him???

Umm... merrin has played 10 Origins and a Test match for Australia. By your logic, who are you to judge Frizell as better?

I love Friz but those offensive stats are poor and the tackle count is no excuse. Not necessarily his fault either. He's being woefully wasted by the coach.

BennyV

Referee
Was that an attempt at humour? Another 'woe is me' post just to join in with the rest of the naysayers?
I thought a more balanced view would've been forthcoming from you.
Guess not...Yeah, Frizz is crap, especially under those conditions, hey ?

Lol please, you obviously didn't read the rest of my post then.

The guy was having a whinge about people criticising as aspect of our footy team, even finishing up with 'who are you to judge'. Its ridiculous to think that, on a public Internet forum, people aren't going to give their opinion on players. If he had mentioned 'true fan' I would have sworn he was LMS reincarnated.

Its nigh on impossible to argue that we are getting the best out of Frizzell at the moment. He could be one of the most destructive edge runners in the game, yet we've only been treated to glimpses of this for a season and a half.

blacksafake

First Grade
FAR OUT ALL OF YOU GUYS ARE HARD MARKERS. The best forward we have & your bagging him you bunch are a fickle lot !!! Even last year I rated Frizz higher then Merrin & still do NOW. Give him a break 42 tackles last week against a international pack, premiers and the golden boot player last year & probably one of the best of all time (hate to admit that cause his a QLD player) but true . Some of the best commentators & ex players are expecting Frizz to represent NSW so who are you guys to judge him???
I think you are a bit confused mate.The crtiicism is on the coaching he is receiving & the structure they play not him. FTR i & most others agree with your opinion of him but his strengths are not being utilised properly at the moment.Us supporters can only hope that Mary comes to his senses before the season is lost or Friz himself gets sick of being used just as a battering ram.

Dragonslayer

First Grade
I think you are a bit confused mate.The crtiicism is on the coaching he is receiving & the structure they play not him. FTR i & most others agree with your opinion of him but his strengths are not being utilised properly at the moment.Us supporters can only hope that Mary comes to his senses before the season is lost or Friz himself gets sick of being used just as a battering ram.

+1

Mr Red

First Grade

good post.

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade

Spot on..this bash and barge stuff then boot it upfield, leads to nothing on many occasions.....our forwards need to be coached to be creative and ball distributors for support players not just getting belted every week...at the moment they just stand flat footed, run one out and create nothing.

kit66

Bench
I take your points on this matter...but if we learned to complete our sets and didn't give away stupid dumb penalties then our blokes wouldn't have to do so many tackles and could concentrate on attacking opponents instead of trying to defend them...most of its just simple school boy stuff and basic mathematics ...

Our lack of discipline is regrettable but Canberra also had high errors and low possession but still managed to beat their more favoured opponents 22 - 8.
For the record - of our 16 errors, 13 were made by our backs. I think this is because they're poorly drilled and not confident in each others ability. They look lost half the time and there's no-one doing much on field organizing. Our forwards, as well disciplined as they were ( 3 errors - 2 to Havili - and just 2 penalties ), were dominated fairly convincingly from about the 30 minute mark onwards and failed to give our halves much space.
The mathematics I like to see are forwards making metres and points on the board.

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
Our lack of discipline is regrettable but Canberra also had high errors and low possession but still managed to beat their more favoured opponents 22 - 8.
For the record - of our 16 errors, 13 were made by our backs. I think this is because they're poorly drilled and not confident in each others ability. They look lost half the time and there's no-one doing much on field organizing. Our forwards, as well disciplined as they were ( 3 errors - 2 to Havili - and just 2 penalties ), were dominated fairly convincingly from about the 30 minute mark onwards and failed to give our halves much space.
The mathematics I like to see are forwards making metres and points on the board.

You make some good points in your post......as for making metres one way to start would be get some momentum up..we stand so flat footed and a lot of that comes from lack of awareness and poor distribution from dummy half...it would also help if we stop this one out stuff and support the ball carrier...