What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

From a tipsters point of view

AeroShark

Juniors
Your teams a f**k'n joke !!!!
I tipped you guys and I was quite confident that you would sort these no name Bulldogs out.
At the start of the year I thought you guys were the team to beat this year. seems you are the team to easy beat this year!
Whats happened guys??????

shadow grinder

First Grade
nah we are a joke this year...we are up and down...its funny tho...whenever orford plays sh*t storm lose....when he plays good we win...he needs to shape up or f**k off

The Illuminati said:
nah we are a joke this year...we are up and down...its funny tho...whenever orford plays sh*t storm lose....when he plays good we win...he needs to shape up or f**k off

Funny how the games he hasn't played good are the ones where our forwards have been beaten isn't it??? The Dogs were too good for us tonight, simple as that

shadow grinder

First Grade
yeah it is simple as that....

and yes your right...but we had many chances tonight to score orford needed to get in there get the ball direct play...but yet agian the pressure of another good halfback gets to him and he cracks...he is becoming a liability to this club...money hungary needs to go!

get cronky in there...or buy Monaghan

Broncodroid

Juniors
he (Orford) is becoming a liability to this club

Ladies and gents another fair weather Storm fan :lol: ...moron.

shadow grinder

First Grade
f**k off idiot ive been supporting them from day 1 and will continue to do so.....and you know it johnny...maybe not a liability(was in the heat of the moment) but how many good games does he have with the storm ? something like 16 a season....then when contract talks come around he plays sh*t....when he vs a good halfback..plays sh*t...comes origin time..plays sh*t...its fact. only games where he plays good is vs teams with sh*tty halfbacks...he really needs to find some consistentcy.....

johnny still up to his old fishing ways....trys to bait people into arguments and conversations...still works i must admit.....

Broncodroid

Juniors
Your entitled to your opinion, I found the "he is becoming a liability to the club" comment rather amusing giving the service he has provided since 2001.

In 104 appearances he has a club leading 768 points, hardly a liability given he is also your chief playmaker and on field leader.

but how many good games does he have with the storm?

Look at 2004, he was your club's Player's Player, 136 points (9T,50G), 15 line-break assisits (3rd in NRL) and 30 try assists (2nd in NRL). If it wasn't for a timely injury, he would of been a State of Origin halfback.

Matt Orford was the best halfback in the NRL last season most pundits agree, to many, he should of been on the tri-series tour as well though selectors opted for the more experienced Gower and Kimmorley.

I do not have all Storm games on tape, though it would be a fair bet to say he plays more than 16 good games a year as evidenced by the year he had last season. The games he is perhaps "off", I would also love to see how your underachieving forwards are going in those games as well.

The first half of the season, Orford was the best player in the competition.

In that period he met:

- Andrew Johns
- Matthew Head
- Michael Monaghan
- Brett Seymour

Four decent halves I think you will agree.

The Storm's flagging fortunes at the moment are not soley to be blamed on the performance of Matt Orford over the last month just like the Storm's success is not soley on the back of his either.

Where as you argue "when he vs a good halfback..plays sh*t.", I would say take a look at the big men not being able to handle the forward pack of the opposition. NO HALFBACK in this competition will dominate games if the forwards are not doing their job. It's a fact.

Consistency? Yes, it's true, at the moment perhaps it is lacking with Orford but IMO this consistency needs to spread from one to thirteen...not just on your little number seven busting his ass each and every week.

MONY

Juniors
your not a storm supporter and you dont follow them closely so your opinions are not neccessarily true. As a fellow supporter i also believe Orford most of the time plays poorly when things are on his mind ie rep honours, quality halves, contract talks etc.

remember, against the dogs we had 3 of our best players out but its still no excuse...... the dogs still have an awesome backline but what surpised me was they won it in the forwards.

Broncodroid

Juniors
MONY said:
your not a storm supporter and you dont follow them closely so your opinions are not neccessarily true

:lol: Who the hell are you to tell me "you dont follow them closely so your opinions are not neccessarily true"...true or not, my opinion like yours is valid and as it turns out I am one to "follow them closely" as I am one of a minority (outside you supporter base) who supports the Melbourne cause for staying in Melbourne persisting with the fight for respect in the AFL capital.

You had 3 of your better players out, Matt Orford (your best player) was busting his balls for your club on Saturday night.

1 minute of my time I don't get back for replying to the above....thanks.

Bulldog Power

Juniors
id say the storm just dont cut the mustard when its really put to them

and matt orford aint a big game player just yet....

MONY

Juniors
Broncodroid said:
:lol: Who the hell are you to tell me "you dont follow them closely so your opinions are not neccessarily true"...true or not, my opinion like yours is valid and as it turns out I am one to "follow them closely" as I am one of a minority (outside you supporter base) who supports the Melbourne cause for staying in Melbourne persisting with the fight for respect in the AFL capital.

You had 3 of your better players out, Matt Orford (your best player) was busting his balls for your club on Saturday night.

1 minute of my time I don't get back for replying to the above....thanks.

mate, get out of our forum and stop your stupid posts where you try to sound intelligent. I have no doubt he was busting his balls but what i said about him under performing when the going gets tough is correct.

us real storm supporters actually know what is going on with our players and we dont need outsiders like yourself coming here and having a go at our comments (which were true IMO) about Matt Orford. So piss off.

shadow grinder

First Grade
Bulldog Power said:
id say the storm just dont cut the mustard when its really put to them

and matt orford aint a big game player just yet....

yeah...orford when he decides to play good is really good...but then on his off days he just goes missing kicks, kicking the ball dead every single kick and doesnt get invovled as much as a halfback should....he really needs to find some consistentcy ..as do the forwards...

MONY

Juniors
agree with that illuminati, i think next weeks effort will be much better as bellamy will get up them..... watch for great games by orford, hill, chan and hoffman... i used to like the storm forward pack and this whole "mobile" thing but it hasnt worked for us that well this year. i think its time for the storm management to think about adding some serious size to the forwards........ bulldogs, broncos, sharks, even manly etc have some size and it seems to be paying off... with a strong go forward then orford and hill etc will find some consistency.

Routy21

Juniors
As much as I hate to say it, we haven’t been the same without the experienced forwards like Howe, Kearney and Williams. Players like White, Chan and Scott have to stand up and be counted. Robbie Kearns is busting his arse out, with no support!!

Dani

Immortal
well except dallas johnson, he got knocked senseless and still managed to make 30-odd tackles

Broncodroid

Juniors
MONY said:
mate, get out of our forum and stop your stupid posts where you try to sound intelligent. I have no doubt he was busting his balls but what i said about him under performing when the going gets tough is correct.

us real storm supporters actually know what is going on with our players and we dont need outsiders like yourself coming here and having a go at our comments (which were true IMO) about Matt Orford. So piss off.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I have been told...no problems tough guy, I will leave it with you "real" Storm supporters :rolleyes:

Sadly, the forums are not "team specific" and members are free to post wherever they please.

Look forward to more quality from you in the coming days/weeks.

Cheers

MONY

Juniors
im not bothering with him anymore its ok. his name says it all...... we will let him criticise some of his own bronco forum members. maybe he will call them morons and leave us alone.

Latest posts