What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

From DT - "Farah baited, 'Dog faces sack"

General Madness

Juniors
Farah baited, 'Dog faces sack

BULLDOGS playmaker Ben Roberts is facing the sack after trying to pick a fight with Wests Tigers star Robbie Farah at the notorious Sapphire Suite in Kings Cross. Roberts risks becoming the latest NRL star to have his contract torn up for bringing his club into disrepute, following the same path as Canberra pair Todd Carney and Bronx Goodwin.
Bulldogs chief executive Todd Greenberg is aware of the allegations but has been unable to question Roberts, who is in Samoa preparing for the World Cup.
The incident occurred a fortnight ago at the well-known nightspot, where an intoxicated Roberts attempted to bait Farah into trading blows. The Tigers star handled the matter in style, refusing to be drawn into the fight.
Roberts was then ejected by security before a member of his group came forward and apologised to Farah. Roberts is on his last warning at the Bulldogs after being charged with assaulting police in Wollongong on February 3, earning a $2200 fine.

The Bulldogs five-eighth was also dumped from first grade and fined $5000 for becoming involved in a fight at Cronulla's Sting Bar in July. Roberts only escaped the sack because of a clerical error by the Bulldogs' previous management in relation to drink-driving offences.
"At this stage we've been unable to speak to Ben, but I can assure we're treating the matter very seriously,'' Greenberg said.

-------------------------------------

This has pretty much got to be the end of Roberts if true I think.

Bulldog Force

Referee
Guys it's from the Daily Telegraph - they always blow things out of proportion. Plus he didn't do anything wrong - it was all talk. No one was hurt or assaulted - and I think it's all the emotion and what have you of when people get drunk or consume alcohol. Roberts and Robbie are mates from the Tigers team of 2005. I'm sure there was no punt intended.

mattyg

Bench
give the guy the sack...he has talent but the way he is going its never going to show. I'll be happy to see the back of him the way he has been going this year

cb4

First Grade
i think he should go to england n start afresh there
but in saying that, it leaves holdsworth to partner kimmorley.... so wattya do there??

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Finally.

Now if only Holdsworth could do the same and get sacked as well. :pray:

Bulldog Force

Referee
Why sack Roberts if we're going to sign Bird? I don't think it'll happen but if we're going to sack Roberts, it'll look a little like double standards if we sign Bird right? Replacing Roberts who 'baited' his mate Robbie Farah with Bird who glasses his Girlfriend. Which one is worse? Baiting or glassing/assaulting?

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
FFS! The Bird signing rumour was started by the Tele on a slow news week.

Dognacious

Juniors
And now I hear you guys want bird :lol:.

Dont believe everything you hear, very few of us would want him. Plus we dont need him.

Lol the Club should straight out ban players from going to the Sapphire Suite. Im nto going to say sack him or not coz i never make judgements purely based on a single article in the DT

Jasdragon

Juniors
Why sack Roberts if we're going to sign Bird? I don't think it'll happen but if we're going to sack Roberts, it'll look a little like double standards if we sign Bird right? Replacing Roberts who 'baited' his mate Robbie Farah with Bird who glasses his Girlfriend. Which one is worse? Baiting or glassing/assaulting?

You forgot raping :D.

Latest posts