What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

From the Vault

wattsy32

Juniors
With this season being one to forget, I stumbled across this gem that has 10 minutes of Peachey and sharks glory. Well worth a look if your depressed from our current attacking "flair" and to remind us Sharks fans when our backline could score some tries!

http://www.4eva.com/videos/Peach.wmv

Could watch it all day

Last edited:

tye

Juniors
Tissues???
It's amazing what happens when you have players in motion, support players and players that want the ball. You give your ball players more options, put the defence in two minds and you score try's.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
There has never been a better player out club than David Peachy. The vision, the hands, the speed, the ability to play what was in front of him, to turn structure into ad lib, to entertain the crowd.
I have seen them all in my life following the Sharks. Its between him & ET but pound for pound, year for year, I reckon Peach edges him out. Peach came out of u,21's & got better immediately whilst ET took quite a few years to turn into the champ he finished up being.
Peach & ET. How did we not get the right players around those 2 in their combined 580 games for the club. What a waste.

tye

Juniors
There has never been a better player out club than David Peachy. The vision, the hands, the speed, the ability to play what was in front of him, to turn structure into ad lib, to entertain the crowd.
I have seen them all in my life following the Sharks. Its between him & ET but pound for pound, year for year, I reckon Peach edges him out. Peach came out of u,21's & got better immediately whilst ET took quite a few years to turn into the champ he finished up being.
Peach & ET. How did we not get the right players around those 2 in their combined 580 games for the club. What a waste.

He certainly was one of the best but I can never forget that semi-final against Manly, I think we lost 20-0 from memory. The Peach had possibly the worst game of his career that day. He is still playing for Dubbo Maquarie in group 11 & won the Grand Final last year!

i saw many a great paech performance. 96 semi vs brisbane. 2001 returning from injury in canberra to lead the team to a win. 01 semi vs dogs. scoring miraculous trys in 99.

he's my all time favourite shark

Last edited:

shadowboxer

First Grade
He certainly was one of the best but I can never forget that semi-final against Manly, I think we lost 20-0 from memory. The Peach had possibly the worst game of his career that day. He is still playing for Dubbo Maquarie in group 11 & won the Grand Final last year!

negative creep
you are correct though.
the fact they replaced him with simmons is the greatest debacle of all time.
he is back helpin out in some capacity I think, or I hope.

Inferno

Coach
He was well past his best, but I think time has proven replacing him with Simmons was a disgraceful move.

DJDL

Bench
Tissues???
It's amazing what happens when you have players in motion, support players and players that want the ball. You give your ball players more options, put the defence in two minds and you score try's.

Funny, but a hell of a lot of those tries were scored in the Ando/Raper years. Don't recall too many people being happy with the "players in motion, support players and players that want the ball" back then.

Awesome to watch the great man again though. I'd love to see highlights of some of the other freakish things he did on the field though, not just the tries. He brought so much more to the team than just crossing the line.

I got to thinking while watching it that watching Peach move on the footy field was like watching Michael Jackson. Just poetry in motion, and moving like no-one else could. (and please, no MJ jokes.......)

TheLurker

Juniors
Does anyone have footage of Peachey being sent off by Hayne for talking with his hands? I was telling someone about it the other day and they didn't believe me

Quigs

Immortal
Anyone got any footage of the trip to NZ early 2002 I think.

Cheers
Declared Idiot #88
Quigs