What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fui Fui Moi Moi

Turto

Juniors
Canberra are talking to Fui Fui Moi Moi. They want to beefen up there pack with new addition of Tom Learoyd Mars.

Fui is favoured to go to England though.

Evergreen

Juniors
We don't need anymore impact forwards. I wouldn't care if we didn't sign anyone else provided Smithy stays next year.

edabomb

First Grade
I think hes geeing us up ;)

I'd like to think management has an ounce of common sense, which would point to our backs being priority.

Matty Elliott must have been to the Brian Smith "buy as many props as you can" school of coaching. I can see why he is trying to buy up big forwards, his coaching style is to win the ruck up the middle, win the game. But he needs an organizer to set it up (Smith), and some outside backs to finish it off (???).

Macko8

Juniors
Turto said:
Canberra are talking to Fui Fui Moi Moi. They want to beefen up there pack with new addition of Tom Learoyd Mars.

Fui is favoured to go to England though.

yeah godzillas on the rise to fellas....this arseholes just playing round,we need at least 1 back player....at least.

Raider_69

Post Whore
Macko8 said:
yeah godzillas on the rise to fellas....this arseholes just playing round,we need at least 1 back player....at least.

why?
we have: Schif, Chalk, Milne, Graham, Ale, Mogg, Frawley all in the mix, aswell as average schmo's like Robbo, Gafa and Howell

Backs is the last thing we need

Macko8

Juniors
Raider_69 said:
why?
we have: Schif, Chalk, Milne, Graham, Ale, Mogg, Frawley all in the mix, aswell as average schmo's like Robbo, Gafa and Howell

Backs is the last thing we need

yeah true.....but we definetly dont need any more forwards either...could almost make two teams with the amount of forwards we have.

TiTTieS_[CNTDN]

Juniors
Reading the article on the Raiders' official site was interesting to see how the team will shape up. They will be a strong side next year if they have Smith directing the traffic.

aussies1st

Staff member
Not another forward we have a billion of them floating around now. If anything we need smith to re-sign. As for our backs we need them to learn how to defend as in attack they arent too bad.

hotdogs

Juniors
Where is everyone getting their info from about the signings. Some of these sound really far fetched!!!! Moi Moi doubt it!!! I heard though they are trying to sign a lot of guys and as many because of the all the injuries they have had this season. they need a many back ups as possible, not a bad idea really, just hope they don't go overboard with the amount of money on offer.

I thought the amount they gave Tom $880k nah no good what a waste hasn't seen much first grade and can't guarantee he'll be a star worth shining that amount. i mean $220k a season come on they could only offer poor Hindy $160k and he's been loyal. Hopefully he lives up to expectations!!!

Stuart

Juniors
hotdogs said:
Where is everyone getting their info from about the signings. Some of these sound really far fetched!!!! Moi Moi doubt it!!! I heard though they are trying to sign a lot of guys and as many because of the all the injuries they have had this season. they need a many back ups as possible, not a bad idea really, just hope they don't go overboard with the amount of money on offer.

I thought the amount they gave Tom $880k nah no good what a waste hasn't seen much first grade and can't guarantee he'll be a star worth shining that amount. i mean $220k a season come on they could only offer poor Hindy $160k and he's been loyal. Hopefully he lives up to expectations!!!
Tom's contract will probably be far far less. There are clauses that say he must play at least 22 FG games a season and make origin (the CT even said Australian team in one article) to get the full contract. If he is doing that he is an absolute bargain.

Don't get too excited about Fui... even if he signs he's no certainty to join you. After all, he did sign with Melbourne for this year before backing out and staying at Parra