What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fui update....

the_eel

Juniors
If Dunley can get off scott free for that spiiting incident after seeing the appeals committee then anythings possible!!!!

PB

Bench
pity the reggies didnt play last weekend, or it could be argued this is his 3rd week suspended.(assuming he still qualifies for them, which i think he would just...

Stagger eel

Staff member
PB said:
pity the reggies didnt play last weekend, or it could be argued this is his 3rd week suspended.(assuming he still qualifies for them, which i think he would just...

I don't think that could happen as both comps operate under different banners!!

Glen

Bench
Do you guys reckon he would even get picked for the grand final if he gets off and we make it? I think Brian Smith would go for Peek and/or Vella instead if Fui hasn't played for a few weeks

Eelectrica

Referee
PB said:

Didn't they close that loophole so the only games that count towards the suspension are of the same level as the games that are being played.

In other words if a player is suspended in first grade on first grade games count. If a player is suspended in prems then only premier league games are counted.

strider

Post Whore
hypothetical....

under the assumption that the appeal process results in you getting off completely or the suspension standing - as opposed to the option of downgrading.....(I know this is uncertain, but I am playing hypotheticals here).

So, lets say he gets off totally.....yet by the time the moronic fools decide, he's already served a 1 match ban (vs Manly) and the decision will be on the eve of the next game, so you'd have doubts they'd play him.

So - does the NRL then apologise to Parramatta for f**king us around for so long?.....and do they apologise unreservedly to Fui cos their f**king around might have cost him the chance to play in finals footy and possibly a GF - cos are Parra gonna play an un-matchfit Fui in the GF after him not playing for 4 weeks? - I doubt it.

I can't believe this has dragged on so long - it is quite ridiculous - the NRL have really screwed Fui.....its every player's dream to play in a GF winning team, Fui is no different....and the NRL's mismanagement of this has potentially cost him that chance.....its REALLY LAME.

The Colonel

Immortal
Eelectrica said:
Didn't they close that loophole so the only games that count towards the suspension are of the same level as the games that are being played.

In other words if a player is suspended in first grade on first grade games count. If a player is suspended in prems then only premier league games are counted.

They closed the loophole that the Roosters exploited which saw Mick Crocker play in reserve grade virtually straight after the Roosters played in NZ because of the time difference.

The ban applys to the whole weekend now not just games. If reggies had of played last weekend he could have counted that as another game served.

Hellsy

Immortal
Not sure about that either Strider... but if the suspension is tossed out then Fui has a week of suspension up his sleeve for the next time he is in trouble.

But yeah.. it sux

Parrasque

Juniors
Are Vella and Peek still eligable for Premier league?

If they are. i think smith might play Fui, because they will still have the chance to play in a GF.

If they arent, and Fui is, Fui will be in reggies and those two will stay

Kornstar

Coach
I believe someone was saying on here a few weeks ago that as long as Firsts are in the comp then anyone can play in P/L, once First Grade is out (that hopefully won't be happening) then there are conditions

parra pete

Referee
Hellsy said:
Not sure about that either Strider... but if the suspension is tossed out then Fui has a week of suspension up his sleeve for the next time he is in trouble.

But yeah.. it sux

Does that mean he can go over to Manly, seek out Terry Hill, and BASH HIM? :lol: :Lol:

Hurriflatch

Referee
yeah, as long as 1st grade is in anyone can play reggies

if 1st grade is out then the player must have

A) Played 5 of the last 7 games in that grade or lower
B) Played 80% of their games for that season in that grae on lower

B Was brought in by Brian Smith actually because back around 97-99 after Parra's 1st grade side was knocked out a week before the grand final, a few of the players who had played in 1st grade weren't allowed to drop down as they had played 5 games in 1st grade but all 5 being right at the end of the year. while they had played 20 games in reggies earlier that season.

Utey

Coach
This makes it even more intresting. Id find it hard to drop Peeky but who knows what will happen.