What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fui wants to play until 2016

Gronk

Staff member
PUTTING up with bone-jarring hits every week, you'd think Parramatta cult hero Fuifui Moimoi would be keen to hang up the boots ASAP. But Moimoi loves the punishment so much, he wants to keep playing until the end of 2016.

As veteran prop Petero Civoniceva gets ready to drop the curtain on his Origin career at 36, Moimoi, 32, feels fresh enough to keep lining up his younger opponents. Moimoi not only wants to help the Eels get off the bottom of the premiership ladder, he wants to secure a new contract. Yet to ink a deal for 2013, Moimoi told The Daily Telegraph before training yesterday of his future ambition to remain in the blue and gold. "I can see myself playing another four years. Look at Petero. How old is he?" Moimoi asked. "He's still going good. I want to stay at this club. They've signed some good young front-rowers, and they've signed that front-rower from Manly (Darcy Lussick), so I'll see what 'Mooks' (coach Stephen Kearney) wants. "I'd love to stay here and be a one-club player. They're a good club and looked after me since I've been here. It's up to them if they want me. If not, I'll have to find somewhere else." Moimoi racked up 144m against the Panthers, but heaped praise on starting props Justin Poore and Tim Mannah for making his job easier coming off the bench.

Eels teammates urged Moimoi to lift his game while watching a video session last week, and the fan favourite immediately responded. "I thought he played well on the weekend, the boys had a chat to him and told him he needed to step up, and he did," centre Willie Tonga said. "I know he definitely wants to keep playing. "Before I got to Parra, I didn't know how old he was. "I thought that he was only 28 or 29. But he showed us against Penrith what he is capable of." Kearney said Moimoi was awarded the players player award last year. "He's not past it, and he keeps telling me he's 25," Kearney said.
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/n...hrough-till-2016/story-e6frfgbo-1226411538328

hineyrulz

Post Whore
He probably thinks that 10 mins for Souths doesn't count :lol: I'm glad he'll be staying, he lifted us massively in that 2nd half against Penrith.

Craig Johnston

First Grade
I love fui. Didnt he play for South? Like 10 mins?

nope

Club Career
Australian League Matches - By Year

Team Years App
Parramatta NRL 2004 4
Parramatta NRL 2005 8
Parramatta NRL 2006 14
Parramatta NRL 2007 21
Parramatta NRL 2008 22
Parramatta NRL 2009 28
Parramatta NRL 2010 24
Parramatta NRL 2011 23
Parramatta NRL 2012 13
Overall 2004-2012 157

Captain BF

Juniors
I'm pretty sure it was Reserve Grade that he played at Souths. The more important thing is that he wants to stay an Eel. Onya Fuifui! Sign him up!

spiderdan

Bench
I love fui. Didnt he play for South? Like 10 mins?
from memory he played reserve grade at centre for souths. the 10 min thing was from a story where he walked away from training early and when they tried to stop him he said something along the lines of "play me for more than 10 mins and i'll train for more than 10 mins"

when brian brought him to parra he was bagged by that strap-on, hadley. fui was used for only 10-15 mins a game as an impact player until jt thought he should be used more. great play by jt.

barney gumble

Juniors
Sign him up FFS!

Probably only second to Hindy as the most consistent performer over the last couple of seasons.

jono

Juniors
So another four years would see him at around 240 games , which is up around
top five for the Eels....not bad for " Fui play 10 minutes , Fui train 10 minutes".
Sign him up , he'll be the inspiration for the new breed

Latest posts