What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Full Steam Ahead On Ground Construction

Inferno

Coach
The refurbishments at Toyota Stadium, including the construction of the southern grandstand, are progressing well with the first home game still some seven weeks away.

The big wet experienced in Sydney during February obviously slowed the building works somewhat, however construction is now full steam ahead, with the construction company confident they will have the stand ready to seat some 1,100 Sharks fans in comfort in the new grandstand for the home opener against Penrith in round six.

Using their $9.8 million federal government grant, the Sharks are set to provide supporters with a new grandstand featuring undercover seating and complete with corporate boxes and all associated amenities including food serving and preparation areas.

The 'new' Toyota Stadium will also see the Eastern Andrew Ettingshausen Stand having undergone a facelift to its facilities, with for both spectators and players.

The dressing rooms on the ground floor have been completely refurbished, while on the top deck the media rooms have been rebuilt and a lift constructed.

The Sharks first home game for 2008 is scheduled for Saturday, April 19 against the Penrith Panthers.

http://www.sharks.com.au/index.php?...]=759&tx_ttnews[backPid]=432&cHash=0df6e80560

Sharks_pics_-_March_2008_050.jpg

Craigshark

First Grade
Does anyone know if there is going to be concourse seating infront of the stand, or just grass?
It will be a cheapish look, if it is just left as grass..

fatshark

Bench
The back of the stand looks horrendous. Really patchy and nothing whick looks state of the art.Bit of cladding here and there, some bricks over there, , holes everywhere. Jesus, it looks old already.

Ausguy

Coach
fatshark said:
The back of the stand looks horrendous. Really patchy and nothing whick looks state of the art.Bit of cladding here and there, some bricks over there, , holes everywhere. Jesus, it looks old already.

could be cos its not finished??? just a guess...

samshark

Juniors
fatshark said:

What a ridiculus thing to say. It is still a long way off being finished.

U.K SHARK

Juniors
I guess i'll have to wait until I'm back in september to see it in the flesh, but i must say it looks somewhat dissapointing to me. I thought it was going to be bigger.

How much are the tickets for that stand?

coolumsharkie

Referee
Craigshark said:
Does anyone know if there is going to be concourse seating infront of the stand, or just grass?
It will be a cheapish look, if it is just left as grass..

Looks to me by that photo that they are layin' turf man.

It's a mystery! It's a mystery!

Helfhan.jpg

Southern Shark

Juniors
The corporate boxes will run at the back of the last row of seating.

Infront will have to be please concourse seating but the roof of the stand stops at
the front row so the stairs up to the stand and everything infront will get soaked when it rains. MAJOR DESIGN FAULT BY 2008 STANDARDS.

I'd doubt people in the stand towards the eastern end of it will be able to see the scoreboard.

The seats infront of the stand better be general admission.

I expect complaints that people in the stand will feel they are too far away from the
game.

It's a pity that those that make decisions generally sit in corporate boxes and don't fully understand what is required in stadiums. Suncorp, Skilled and WIN are exceptions and appear to have been designed by someone with knowledge.

Chondricthyes

Juniors
I hope it IS grass in front of the stand.

All the kids( under 12-13) like to run around and stand against the fence to say gooday to Mr Sharkie et al and stand and watch the game from there. it gives us parents some peace and lets them meet if they are sitting apart.
it is a good thing cause we can see them and they make more noise than we do now when the opposition kicker is having a shot..

They had better fill in the gaps at the top of the stand or EVERYONE in the stand will get drowned during a big southerly storm.

Now.. I've asked before and it is important.

Will There be a Time Clock anywhere. Not a screen clock that goes on and off...

does anyone know??

carcharias

Immortal
Will There be a Time Clock anywhere. Not a screen clock that goes on and off...
going by that pic.
I reckon it will probably go on that big black frame in the left of the frame.

Probably be a big screen with a digital clock beneath, like SFS ....or whatever they call it these days.

fatshark

Bench
samshark said:
What a ridiculus thing to say. It is still a long way off being finished.
have you laid eyes on it yet? Yes I know its not finished, but still, it looks bodgey. Poor design, should of just been the usual glass, pre fab cement and steel. The cladding looks garbage.Its like a poor jigsaw puzzle

samshark

Juniors
I drive past it every day and like I said its still a fair way being complete, so wait and judge the final product.

Latest posts