What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Funeral music...

LESStar58

Referee
Dunno if it's been done or not.

Theres been a wedding music thread but was wondering what music folks would like played at their funeral.

So, if its been done....feel free to lock and delete, okay mods?

Personally, I think that when I go... I want people to celebrate my life and the kind of person I was. Sure, people will be sad (or so I'd like to think) when I'm gone but I want to be remembered for being a part of people's lives, not someone who "passed away". SO its with that in mind I'd have to have a mixture of slow and kinda sad with a mixture of upbeat and fast and happy!

* If I Ever Leave This World Alive- Flogging Molly
* Bring Me Sunshine- Willie Nelson
* The Room- The Living End
* When The Angels Sing- Social Distortion
* Grace Of God Go I- Flogging Molly
* The Likes Of You Again- Flogging

Rexxy

Coach
I've already arranged for "99 Nuft Ballons" sung in German, to be played as guests leave the Church.

Its the least i could do for my friends who will say "he was a merkin right to the end".

newtownbluebags

Post Whore
not for me personally but THROW YOUR ARMS AROUND ME by Hunters and Collectors would be a song I would choose for someone close....

Skeletor

Juniors
"Wish You Were Here" - Pink Floyd
"You Can't Always Get What You Want" - The Stones
"The Parting Glass" - The Pogues
"When The Music's Over" - The Doors
"Wave Goodbye" - Chris Cornell (from his solo album, Euphoria Morning, which I recommend to anyone who likes good music btw)
"This Time" or "The Drugs Don't Work" - The Verve

Phillips

Referee
* King of the Mountain - Midnight Oil
* Itchycoo Park - The Small Faces
* Rock the Casbah - The Clash
* Simple Man - Lynard Skynard
* Fields of Gold - Sting
* Love will tear us Apart - Joy Division
* T.N.T - AC/DC
* Vermilion - Slipknot
* All along the Watchtower - Jimi Hendrix

Dunno

Juniors
Yellow Ledbetter - Pearl Jam
I Can't Come Down - Embrace
Don't Go Away - Oasis

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
"Lay Me Low" - Nick Cave
"Orion" - Metallica (yes I know it's an instrumental)
"Exit Music" - Radiohead

The Colonel

Immortal
Had to do this earlier this year for my mum's funeral. For my own there are a couple of songs.

The Dance - Garth Brooks
When I get Where I'm Going - Brad Paisley

LESStar58

Referee
Rexxy said:
I've already arranged for "99 Nuft Ballons" sung in German, to be played as guests leave the Church.

Its the least i could do for my friends who will say "he was a merkin right to the end".

thats gold rexxy!

invite me!

:lol:

I'm having Comfortably Numb at my funeral.

And if the funeral directors leave out the guitar solo at the end I'm coming back to haunt the bastards.

strewth_mate

Bench
A mate of mine asked me to play 'Freebird' at his; either that or 'Afternoon Delight'

Machine Gun Fellatio's 'Pussytown' would be an interesting choice
or just for absurdity, something like the Scatt Brothers' 'Life at the Outpost'

but really it'd have to be something cheerful and upbeat otherwise there'd be no point

Misanthrope

Staff member
Josh Groban's rendition of 'You Raise Me Up' is a breathtaking song, it really is.

Myself. I want to have 'High' by The Lighthouse Family played at my funeral for personal reasons.